Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
The Cloud Solutions Architect is a mid-senior level Individual Contributor role within Hitachi Solutions' Infrastructure & Modern Workplace Practice. The I&M practice delivers industry-leading solution expertise across Azure Infrastructure, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Cloud Security initiatives for our customers. The Cloud Solutions Architect may bring wide experience across multiple of the practice focus areas or provide deep experience in a single area.
This role delivers technical solutions and support to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Microsoft cloud technology. The ideal candidates will have experience leading in a customer-facing consulting role and proven success designing, implementing, and supporting Microsoft cloud-based solutions.The Cloud Solutions Architect will bring the following capabilities to the team:
- Guides and coaches project team members to leverage best-practice architecture patterns to achieve agreed-upon commitments to the customer/partner and develops new solutions to scale across multiple customers/partners.
- Applies technical, industry, and enterprise knowledge across multiple, large architecture projects to meet strategic and tactical business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical and organizational constraints. guides team to shape and enhance customers' requirements.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s) to enable a breadth of highly advanced and complex solutions. Able to provide thought leadership across clients' directors or M2 teams for related business strategy development and guides architect team in supporting/driving the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Creates a positive culture and introduces clarity around technical insights and escalations, anticipates and removes blockers related to the customer/partner business and/or internal politics to remove technical blockers through regular technical reviews and check ins, and ensures architecture implementations move forward.
Understands and drives expectations set by practice leadership for the team around methodology and governance, and leads by example to identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks (e.g., Microsoft 365 Adoption Framework, Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Scale Analytics, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks whilst designing and/or delivering solutions.QualificationsProfessional Experience
('General Requirements' experience required, plus at least one additional 'Focus Area')Cloud Solutions Architect: General Requirements
At least 3 years of experience in customer-facing, IT consulting roles. Prior consulting experience strongly preferred.
At least 5 years of experience in other, relevant, internal IT roles.Focus Area: Azure Infra
At least 3-5 years leading the implementation, migration, and support of Azure Infrastructure projects; both hands-on experience and leading other technical team members a strict requirement.
Technical skills desired:
Networking, Landing Zone, Security, Storage, Monitoring, VMs/Virtualization, Private Endpoints, Hybrid/Datacenter integrations, solution dependency mapping, Azure Virtual Desktop, IaC (Terraform, Bicep, DevOps), Cloud Adoption Framework, Azure Sentinel/Defender for Cloud Suite, Server/Database G2C Migrations, Solution HA/DR.
5+ years supporting IT infrastructure on-premisesFocus Area: Microsoft 365
5+ years leading Microsoft 365 initiatives as part of primary responsibilities; both hands-on experience and leading other technical team members a strict requirement.Focus Area: Microsoft Cloud Security
Has the technical aptitude and experience to learn new cloud security technologies and understand relevant cloud security market trends, Knowledge of cloud security platforms, Breadth of technical security experience and knowledge, with 3+ years' experience in the following areas:
• Enterprise-scale technical experience with Azure Security
• Cloud workload protection
• Threat protection
• WAF (Web Application Firewall)
• Stateful firewall. (NG Firewall)
• Data encryption and protection key services.
• SIEM, and Cloud Security Analytics
• Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
• Security Operation Center
• Identity and Access ManagementEducation & Certifications
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Certifications in any two
of the following required:
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
• Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
• Microsoft Certified: Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
• Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate (AZ700)
Additional Microsoft Azure or Microsoft 365 certifications (or exams passed) is a plus
.Additional Information#REMOTE#LI-JH1*** Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.