Director of Marketing & Communications
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Environmental Business Division, North America (EBD NA)
Location: Remote work with 20% travel
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Environmental Business Division, North America (EBD NA) is looking for a game-changing marketing leader to join our team. If you have proven experience in B2B and account-based marketing and have the determination, hustle, and passion for thriving in a lean start-up within a large, established global organization, we're looking for you.
The Environmental Business Division, North America, is focused on utilizing innovation to improve the world and the lives of its citizens. We bring together assets and innovations to develop end-to-end digital transformation solutions for our customers. Hitachi EBD NA provides sophisticated solutions primarily focused on IoT, Decarbonization, and Green Business Solutions.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for EBD NA's marketing and communications activities and oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy in coordination with multiple global business units. We want a leader who has significant experience in B2B marketing and strong experience across all Marketing disciplines 1) Sales Enablement, 2) Solution Marketing, 3) Brand Marketing, 4) Public Relations, and 5) Internal and External Communications (in that order)
- Partner closely with the sales organization and SMEs to develop adequate inbound marketing lead flow through integrated campaigns to ensure we achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Manage and optimize marketing automation (Salesforce.com, Marketo) system to support campaigns
- Lead the creation of marketing and communications strategies and tactics that build our brands and ensure delivery of revenue and growth targets. Manage and maintain marketing budgets, including forecasting and planning for campaigns, materials, and other costs. Ensure continuous analysis of the competitive environment and industry trends.
- Work closely with Hitachi Group companies to develop webinars, videos, social media, and other marketing assets to support executive communications, subject matter experts, and EBD thought leadership and sales enablement activities
- Be responsible for brand strategy adherence, including brand & solution positioning as well as communications strategy and execution.
- Develop strategic annual marketing plans that utilize aggressive campaigns, strategic product marketing, and content plans, digital campaigns, event/experience initiatives, and total sales and partner enablement initiatives.
- Develop and promote our industry event/trade show plans throughout the year (e.g., IoT World Congress, etc.)
- Create and develop governance processes as needed for marketing activities and train subject matter experts to ensure compliance with Hitachi's data and privacy policies
- Conduct and present insightful analyses on major marketing trends, challenges, and opportunities that feature actionable recommendations to improve customer acquisition and retention
- Manage the creation and updating of the EBD-NA website as it relates to visual design, storyline content, site visitor acquisition and retention, landing pages, and lead generation.
- Design (including graphics), write and edit executive communications materials, including presentations, talking points, keynote slides, and briefing prep materials
- Research macro-, industry, economic, and sector trends and consolidate them into clearly articulated messaging for executive communications and marketing materials
- Work closely with Hitachi Group Companies PR/IR teams and other internal stakeholders to create compelling press releases and effectively prepare and counsel executives prior to interviews, announcements, and presentations
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to deliver executive communications, monthly reports, and other communications while ensuring message accuracy and consistency
- Minimum experience of 10 years in B2B marketing and communications, preferably in professional services or technology.
- Proven track record of creating marketing and communication plans that deliver on brand/product promises, create engaging customer and prospective customer experiences, enable the sales process, and drive revenue growth.
- Proven experience leading by influence in a highly matrixed organization.
- Collaborative by nature with proven effectiveness in working with key internal stakeholders to shape and execute vision and strategy; can influence without authority.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial coach and leader.
- Possess a test and learn mentality.
- Experience as a member of a leadership team and experience influencing and working with C-level executives.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising personnel.
- Experience running successful event marketing strategies, including large, global customer/prospect events and smaller local events.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working in ambiguous / start-up environments
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally at least 10% of the time.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.