Job Title Support Specialist (Level 2) Reporting To Manager, Global Support Center, Solutions - APACThe Role
The Support Specialist (Level 2) provides experienced, in-depth, specialised support and technical advice to assist Hitachi Vantara's customers address challenges faced with their solutions. As a member of the Solutions Team (APAC) the role is responsible for, but not limited to, supporting specific Hitachi Vantara product set(s) along with their respective layers of integration as corporate and enterprise solutions that leverage the Hitachi Vantara Digital Intelligence / Object Storage portfolio.
This is a customer facing role, working with both internal and external customers and as such, the Specialist must be comfortable communicating effectively and proficiently with stakeholders. The Support Specialist (L2) acts as central point of contact for handling internal escalations (from Level 1 and to Level 3 & Above) as well as for liaisons with Third Parties including vendors, partners, service providers and others.
Internally, as part of the wider Hitachi Vantara Global Support team, the Support Specialist plays a leading role in advising and assisting development of the Technical Support Specialists (tier 1) with further skills and knowledge of relevant products and practices.
The Support Specialist (L2) needs to also have in-depth working knowledge of operating systems, compute hardware & software, networking & connectivity, Cloud (Public/Private/Hybrid), NAS, Enterprise/Midrange storage technologies.
The role is a member of our Global team of customer service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi Vantara's customers with an excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support centre. Responsibilities
- This Level 2 role is a recognized Solutions expert and technical lead during support service requests and customer interactions.
- Primary areas of expertise for this role include:
- Enterprise Object Storage solutions - The Hitachi Vantara Object Storage solutions includes a suite of products that underline storage and management of distributed objects through the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) systems.
- Integration of Hitachi product sets - With key custom, business and industry standard application sets along with other Hitachi products & platforms, including NAS, Backup, Anti-Virus, Custom-Apps - in both physical and virtualised environments.
- Enterprise Architecture - Integration of Hitachi Vantara solutions with the customer's enterprise enviroments and their defined architecture.
- Delivery of specialist support to Hitachi Vantara customers and our own field service teams, globally.
- Leading resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configurations, product performance / failures and technical enquiries that may require handling of escalations internally to Hitachi as well as to external stakeholders and other associated parties.
- Performing problem and customer situation management at the technical level, escalating to the necessary levels for additional support when required.
- Communicating critical case status to Customer and Stakeholders as well as within Hitachi in adherence to defined SLOs.
- Retaining ownership and responsibility for management of support cases and associated escalations.
- Adhering to and helping improve corporate stadandards and processes for delivery to optimum support and customer services.
- Contributing to the Hitachi Vantara Knowledge Base by documenting resolutions of newly known problems and updating existing collateral with newfound or discovered information.
- Delivering training / workshops and helping in the ongoing development of technical skills of our team members.
- Participating in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of Hitachi's customer success and experiences.
Key areas of Expertise for this role:
- Working shifts to a defined set of hours and weekends as part of standard support operations, and at times, helping to fulfill standby shifts if/as needed to meet scheduled requirements.
Hitachi Vantara's Digital Intelligence - Object Storage Solution
Additional areas of expertise that are attractive for this role, include:
- Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio
Hitachi Vantara's data Storage solutions : Network Attached Storage (NAS) subsystems, Enterprise / RAID, Midrange Storage. Qualifications
The candidate will potentially have been involved in previous roles dealing with a variety of technical issues pertaining Enterprise-Class solutions (Compute & Storage), networking (SAN, LAN, WAN), hardware Management and Monitoring tools, databases, applications and Operating Systems/Hypervisors that include - but not limted to - VMware, RedHat, Microsoft.
Furthermore, the candidate will possess:
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communications, problem solving and technical skills (ideally both, written and spoken).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple situations (issues) simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Positive self-starter attitude, being able to take the lead as well as receive directions while working within a true team environment at both, local and global levels.
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and systems, including a drive for self-development.
- Skills / experience in the following areas are highly desired:
- Operating systems including Windows, Linux, VMware
- Unix / Linux skills, including scripting
- Virtualisation (i.e. Vmware)
- IP Networking (TCP/IP, Active Directory)
- Cloud Solutions
- Postgres skills, also highly desirable
- Programming skills (eg. Python, REST API)
- Network Attached Storage solutions
- Enterprise Storage Solutions (eg. Hitachi's, EMC's, IBM's, others)
- Fibre Channel / Connectivity Solutions (eg. Cisco, Broadcom, others)
- Other Software solutions, including Commvault, Veritas, MSCS, Oracle, Exchange, etc
- 5+ years experience in similar role(s) delivering customer support services.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.