Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft.
Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionNEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATIONS TEAM
This position in our company is housed in our New Product Development team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive startup atmosphere: focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customers. DATA ENGINEER (DATABRICKS, AZURE, PYTHON, SPARK)
This is a full-time role in our product organization for an expert in big data systems design with considerable skill and expertise in data architecture, especially in big data systems (Spark and other EDW technology).
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex data pipelines products that manage business critical operations, and large-scale analytics pipelines. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, have a data engineering background, and/or have robust software engineering expertise. Please note:
Although our position is remote / virtual / work-from-home, you MUST
reside, and be authorized to work, in the US. Responsibilities
- Scope and execute together with team leadership. Work with the team to understand platform capabilities and how to best improve and expand those capabilities.
- Strong independence and autonomy.
- Assist in the design, development, enhancement, and maintenance of complex data pipeline products which manage business-critical operations and large-scale analytics applications.
- Support analytics, data science and/or engineering teams and understand their unique needs and challenges.
- Instill excellence into the processes, methodologies, standards, and technology choices embraced by the team.
- Embrace new concepts quickly to keep up with fast-moving data engineering technology.
- Dedicate time to continuous learning to keep the team appraised of the latest developments in the space.
- Commitment to developing technical maturity across the company.
- 5+ years of Azure Data Engineering experience including 2+ years designing and building Databricks data pipelines is REQUIRED; experience with conceptual, logical and/or physical database designs is HIGHLY DESIRED
- 2+ years of experience with source control (git) on the command line is REQUIRED
- 1+ years of hands-on Python/Pyspark/SparkSQL experience is REQUIRED
- 1+ years of experience with big data pipelines or DAG Tools (Dbt, Data Factory, Airflow, or similar) is REQUIRED
- 1+ years of Spark experience (especially Databricks Spark and Delta Lake) is HIGHLY DESIRED
- 1+ years of hands-on experience implementing big-data solutions in the Azure ecosystem including Data Lakes is HIGHLY DESIRED
- 1+ years of SQL experience, specifically to write complex, highly optimized queries across large volumes of data is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Strong data modeling / data profiling capabilities with Kimball/star schema methodology is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Ability to work independently and work interactively with senior engineers is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Professional experience with Kafka or other streaming technology is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Professional experience with database deployment pipelines (i.e., dacpac's or similar technology) is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Professional experience with one or more unit testing or data quality frameworks is HIGHLY DESIRED
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status#LI-CA1#REMOTE#AZURE#DATABRICKS#SPARK