Manages all Human Resources functions (i.e. overseeing administration of hiring, retention, termination, employee records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training/development, payroll, policy development, etc.). Responsibilities include development and administration of HR rules and regulations, pay and job classification structure, and manage programs for employee departmental training, cross-training, and development. Support activities that foster a safe and healthy work environment and contribute to good employee morale. Build and maintain a high functioning team environment.
- In coordination with the AM Region HR leadership, develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company employees
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and talent review program and revises as necessary.
- Seeks incentive programs that encourage excellent performance and increase retention rates.
- Develops, recommends, and implements human resources policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Manages recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees, and approves job advertisements. Maintains company organization charts
- Works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in management meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Manages employee relations complaints, investigations and counseling. Approves terminations, and ensures that investigations are well documented and termination decisions are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
- Oversees maintenance of accurate and complete personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Keeps abreast of legislation affecting human resources; trains management and monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
- Oversees training and safety programs in context of compliance with government regulation.
- A bachelor’s (preferably a master’s) degree in Human Resources Management or a related field and ten (10) years of experience in human resources with increasing supervisory responsibilities. Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR/SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws affecting human resources administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with applicable standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and multi-task
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system (Workday).
- Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some Access experience preferred.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
Required to sit for long periods of time, spend time on the plant floor, support a 24/7 organization as needed in person or via phone calls.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment and steel toe shoes.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.