Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Data Engineer at Hitachi Vantara will be able to make true sense of data to drive real business benefits.
They will be supporting various business units by developing & supporting ETL pipelines, Data Models, Job Schedulers, Reports & Security using various tools like SQL, AWS Redshift, Airflow, PowerBI etc. They will be also providing technical support and effective data analysis on data driven projects. What you bring to the team
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- ETL tools: Informatica, ODI, Pentaho etc.
- Experience with BI and reporting tools: PowerBI, Oracle BI, MS BI
- Data modeling experience: good understanding of best practices around data modelling, conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Data warehousing concepts knowledge: understanding of the business use of the information being transferred to the data warehouse to support adaptable logical and physical data models.
- Experience with AWS and Cloud tools (A WS Glue, Azure Datafactory, Airflow, AWS Lambda) will be considered as a plus.
- Databases and Data Warehouse knowledge is a plus (PostgreSql, Redshift, Oracle).
- Experience with Python will be considered as a plus.
- Experience with teams that developed using agile methodologies is desirable.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge