Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Data Engineer at Hitachi Vantara will be able to make true sense of data to drive real business benefits.
They will be supporting various business units by developing & supporting ingestion pipelines using various AWS services like Lambda, Glue, Athena & Python/Pyspark coding. They will be also providing technical support and effective data analysis on data driven projects.What you bring to the team
- Programming languages like Python, R, etc. (experience in Python data structures and data engineering libraries is considered a plus).
- Query languages like SQL to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (SQL Server, Oracle) & AWS services (RDS, Redshift, EC2, EMR etc.,)
- ETL tools: AWS Glue, Azure Datafactory, Airflow, Pentaho, AWS Lambda, etc.
- Databases and Datawarehouses: PostgreSql, Redshift, Oracle
- Big Data tools: Athena, EMR, Databricks
- Data modeling experience: good understanding of best practices around data modelling, conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Understand the business use of the information being transferred to the data warehouse to support adaptable logical and physical data models
- Good experience with AWS will be considered as a plus.
- Experience with teams that developed using agile methodologies is desirable.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge