Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Telecoms Construction and Installation Supervisor who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to management to strategic. The position is based in the Honolulu, HI Project office for a sustained Project duration.
Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity.
Role and Responsibilities
The Telecommunication Site Construction Engineer (TSS), completes organizational and project installation management responsibilities by; effectively leading the (sub-contractor) construction team, and ensuring they have all of the resources needed to operate and deliver all requirements efficiently and effectively. The following duties and responsibilities of the TSS:
- Direct the day-to-day installation work activities, providing technical knowledge and support to the subcontractor for telecommunications technologies:
- Audiovisual, Building Automation Systems, Data Networks, Wireless Networks, Electronic Safety & Security, FDAS Installation, and SCADA systems.
- General Understanding of Industry Standards, Procedures and Methods for Construction of Telecommunication Systems.
- Backbone Distribution Systems – Cabling and Pathways
- Horizontal Distribution Systems – Cabling and Pathways
- Power Distribution systems for Telecommunications
- Telecommunications Administration
- Monitoring Telecommunication installation activities, ensuring compliance with project specifications, standards, Engineering design drawings, and safety requirements, as well as all applicable USA federal, HI state, and Honolulu County codes & regulations.
- Conducting weekly safety training and awareness meetings with installation teams ensuring ongoing compliance HSE department requirements.
- Maintain consistency in promoting a sustainable safety culture onsite, with maintaining quality installation parameters while adhering to the project schedule
- Planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring work activities through accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Identify and submit reports for all issues causing potential commercial or project duration impacts to Construction Manager, including support document submittals, with potential budget changes and schedule projections.
- Comply with policies and procedures as they relate to telecommunications specifications and standards throughout the rail industry in the USA, and all project requirements set forth by the local AHJ.
- Producing quality telecommunication field installation plans, studies, and method statements to ensure compliance with department, project standards and requirements.
- Perform continual Quality Assurance inspections of sub-contractors' work.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Construction Managers, Project Management, on installation, schedule, budget and resources.
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with supply chain.
- Act as lead coordinator with different project installation inspection teams providing resolution support for on-site issues providing mutually satisfactory outcomes for all involved.
- Ensure that the rules foreseen by the HSE Management plan are implemented on site by the construction installation team(s)
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to construction manager
- Make changes in the operation as necessary to best meet deadlines
- Implement management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient
- Understanding and implementing designs from technical drawings
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with sub-contracts installation team, safety, internal quality control, and client quality inspection teams.
- Produce and present detailed written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy supporting installation progress and projected durations.
- Meet with scheduling every 3 weeks to provide detailed works completion reports, roadblocks, delays and additional installation requirements.
- Attending Construction related meetings associated with installation responsibilities or as requested by the Construction Management
- Review and maintain installation redlines, inspection test reports, and deliverable documentation from the sub-contractor.
- 15 years’ experience and knowledge of telecommunication system construction inside structured cabling and OSP construction methods and procedures.
- Have a full understanding of all systems related to telecommunications
- Must be able to proficiently use BlueBeam Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) PROCORE
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Possess an affinity for problem-solving and critical thinking
- Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment.
- Aptitude to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans, and specifications
- Ability to stay organized and maintain project records
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master’s degree will be considered an asset
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.