Job Title - Senior Product Owner Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Product Owner who can drive exceptional product delivery of our Lumada DataOps Suite offering. He/She will be responsible for the success of our data management capabilities within the Lumada DataOps Suite offering.
This role is to work together with a team who develops IOT applications platforms, machine learning and solutions. The ideal candidate would be a self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
Your responsibilities will include:
What you bring to the team
- Maintaining a prioritized product backlog for the data management scrum teams
- Work with Product Manager to break user journeys (Themes) to epic and stories
- Work with architect to break epic stories to user stories for the scrum team to implement
- Work with Product Designers to define/finalize the desired user experience
- Oversee the development of the user stories
- Work with scrum team to get ready for demo at the end of each sprint
- Work with scrum team to refine process, areas for improvement if needed.
- Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product tight collaboration and alignment with peer product owners from multiple product teams
- Effective reporting of delivery project progress
- Focus on quality in all aspects of software delivery
- Monitoring of customer adoption and support metrics and facilitation of customer escalations
- 6+ years of product ownership and technical product management, with experience in IOT platform and application development; industrial application experiences a plus.
- Exposure to a variety of enterprise software, cloud service and application technologies with focus on data management and analytics category products
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to deal with conflicts
- Strong working experience with agile execution methodologies
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values (Do not alter wording)
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge