Hitachi, Ltd headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is focused on its Social Innovation Business that combines information technology (IT), operational technology (OT), and products. Hitachi is working to increase social, environmental, and economic value for its customers across six domains; IT, Energy, Industry, Mobility, Smart Life, and Automotive Systems through Lumada, Hitachi's advanced digital solutions, services, and technologies for turning data into insights to drive digital innovation.
Hitachi Digital LLC, located in Santa Clara, California, USA, is focused on leading the value creation of Hitachi Group through the power of "Digital", generate new co-creation opportunities in the digital market leveraging Hitachi's strength and assets, and evolve Lumada* to a highly profitable data driven service with sustainable growth.
This position is with Hitachi Digital, a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. and not with Hitachi Vantara. The Role
Working for Hitachi Digital, the Lumada Product Manager will lead the office of product management roles to contribute to the global growth of Lumada business by leading product architecture and governance. Product management office will act as the leader to be a controlling point between the market and engineering team within Hitachi group, lead and guide global corporate architecture group, evolve Lumada to become an eco-system to contribute to the social innovation business growth cycle, and evangelize and provide advisory to Hitachi group internal organizations for the efficient development and usage of the product and solutions. You will collaborate with assigned counterparts in Hitachi and its group companies to leverage Hitachi group's internal capabilities and its growth. The position will report directly to the CEO of Hitachi Digital LLC.
In this role, you will manage the activities with considering following;
- Front facing
- Keep alignment of product/solution strategy and portfolio with market demand and directions of business unit/group companies of Hitachi.
- Define, manage, and enhance Lumada product offering portfolio.
- Make engineering teams to align common Lumada architecture for building products and solutions.
- Introduce updated technology (Hitachi internal/external) which contribute to upgrading product functionality, performance, and quality.
- Face to Business Unit and Group Companies who is utilizing Lumada product/solutions and reflect their voice to the Lumada product management.
- For Hitachi business units and group companies, guide in articulating the value proposition and key messages for their customer attraction, communication and expectation control.
- Lead and guide to reuse Lumada product offerings as much as possible.
- Backend Facing
- Lead unified architecture design with existing Global Architecture Team (GAT) activity.
- Lead to define and approve guideline to develop, use and share of Lumada asset, which includes making sure of the product quality.
- Set up schemes to promote the reuse of IP (License, Support/Maintenance, IP management)
The role will be based in North America, and collaborate with members working in different regions/countries across the globe.Qualifications
You will be a highly collaborative leader with an understanding of market demands and engineering/architecture in the digital technology field, adoptability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, considering the following points while complying with laws and regulations.
- 15+ years of software product management and/or 15+ years of software engineering.
- Strategy and planning experience and well-established skill on creating guiding principal.
- Deeper knowledge or experience on IP handling.
- Familiar with updated technology.
- Strong capability on digital transformation, digital engineering, and XaaS business.
- Capable to work in complicated conglomerate collaboratively and lead to outcome.
Hitachi Digital, a U.S. subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. is a part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge