Summary of the position:
This position is responsible for the design, development and support of the SAP S/4 HANA or latest version of SAP ECC and related business functions primarily in MM Module of SAP. The ideal candidate must have extensive experience with SAP configurations and at least one full-cycle implementation preferably in a global manufacturing company. MRP /Planning and EWM experience will be an added advantage. Candidate would participate in and contribute to analysis, design and development activities of system related process improvements, ERP integrations and/or system upgrades. Must have proven ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal guidance, demonstrate good business knowledge, resolve complex problems, and have strong knowledge of SDLC working closely with project stakeholders to ensure quality solution delivery.
An additional four Senior SAP Analyst positions are open, each with a focus on different moduels: SD, PP & QM, VC and EWM.
Each of these roles reports to the Director of SAP Applications. The positions are based out of Sullair's Manufacturing Plant in Michigan City, Indiana. Alternatively, the position may work remotely within the continental USA with the ability to travel to Michigan City, as requested.
Duties and responsibilities:
- This is a Business Analyst role and not just a configurator, so it is important to understand business processes, steps, end to end data flows and work with users closely in mapping the business process on S4/HANA
- This is a global role, so should be flexible to support or help users in different time zones, as needed, but primary will be US-based operations
- Builds strong relationships with local site leaders, planning and procurement leadership and business teams by offering pro-active guidance during all planning & procurement related SAP processes
- Act as SME for IT for SAP Procure to pay processes.
- Strong understanding of cross functional process across SAP modules
- Facilitate workshops, gather business requirements, map business processes, document customer journeys, and author business requirements
- Design and implement new or enhanced operational processes to meet key business objectives
- Support the business in the creation of Business requirements and functional specifications to support the corporate strategy and to continually improve the functionality, performance, and reliability of our systems. Perform root cause analysis, make recommendations, and implement solutions
- Lead/own or participate in multiple small to medium projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; stakeholder communications, weekly status reporting, adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing business relationships
- Day-to-day functional support in the areas of SAP MM is required
- Work with users and configure SAP S/4 HANA or work with developer for required development
- Ability to work with developers offshore
- Develop proficiency in the custom enhancements and assist with business process improvements and resolving application and data issues
- Develop test requirements, prepare and document test data for unit and verification testing
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving skills to assist in resolution of business problems and propose solutions to prevent recurring problems
- Document fit/gap analysis and design decisions; ensure deviations from “out of the box” functionality have sufficient business justification and positive value proposition
- Complete functional specifications for reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and/or workflow (RICEFW)
- Provide technical input, mentor and train other application developers on all development activities within the ERP team
- Understanding of data migration tool like LSWM /LTMC, Query
- Exposure to SAP Fiori based processes and its application
- Work cooperatively with technical or application personnel across IT globally to accomplish enterprise-wide goals
- Develop expertise to work with business vendors to resolve day-to-day problems or make process changes
- MM Module expertise required
- Experience in the areas of
- Procure to pay (Procurement, Inventory and related accounting processes)
- Release strategies and approval workflow
- Purchase order management supporting direct and indirect procurement
- Material and vendor master data, Info record, sourcing, vendor evaluation, BOM
- Stock transport, Intercompany, third-party, and subcontracting processes
- Account determination
- EDI Knowledge
- Batch managed/Serialized inventory, Cycle Count and Physical Inventory control
- Cross-Functional Knowledge of other modules which has direct impact on MM is required
- Strong understanding of integration with MRP and warehouse management
- Experience in working in SAP Variant Configuration processes will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven expertise as SAP MM analyst with a minimum 7+ years support / development experience with full life cycle implementations
- Thorough understanding of wide range of business processes with a focus on Procure to Pay processes
- Solid hands-on experience with architecting, configuration, deployment, and testing of SAP based enterprise software applications
- Global experience desired
- Strong Project Management capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, adapt to changing business conditions, and work well across all levels of the organization
- Self- Motivated and Assertive
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Candidate must work well in a team environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Willingness to expand knowledge and skills to other technologies and solution
- Must be results-oriented, high energy, and a representative of the Sullair Values
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.