- Ensure the achievement of the targets on budget, on time (drive compliance to the Schedule), and on quality.
- Ensure data monitoring, reporting, and the achievement of the KPIs (internal company KPI).
- Ensure reporting of Sequence KPIs (Safety Management, On Time Delivery, Whole System Integration, Network Disruption Mitigation, Operational Legacy, Stakeholders & Community).
- Ensure customer satisfaction monitoring and the handling of any customer claim (e.g. identifying and applying any preventive/corrective action).
- Management of Risk & Opportunities both in the Sequence Alliance and internal Hitachi Governance.
- Engaging Key Senior Stakeholders in QLD Government, DTMR, CRRDA and QR for Governance and Controlling work.
- Ensures the sequence Alliance meets the contractual obligations of the PAA.
- Ensures management of Key Subcontractors.
- Ensure scope & change control, including preparation of AEG (change events)
- Developing and maintaining a sound working relationship with all Sequence Alliance Participants, managing customer expectations solving issues
- Ensures the overall planning of program activities to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Ensures the Sequence budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Ensure the planning of the program & budget are co-ordinated and reported EVM
- Ensures, prepares the analysis, including proactive identification and mitigation of risks.
- Ensures, prepares claims for Sequence Alliance to Project Owner.
- Ensures and prepares project status reviews to Hitachi management and client.
- Achievement of budget objectives (Costs, Revenue, Margin and Cash in), including any unplanned costs are managed
- Achievement of the project’s key milestones;
- Improvement of the performance of the Cluster (efficiency);
- Impact of any changes are understood & managed
- Single source of accurate report of progress
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree and PM Certification or equivalent technical background.
- Proven track record delivering complex and international projects +$200 million.
- Significant experience in Project Scope Management, Project Time Management, Project Cost Management, Project Quality Management, Project Human Resources & Stakeholder Management, Project Risk Management & Communications Management.
- Significant commercial experience (10 years) working in complex, multi-discipline engineering projects including phases of design, procurement, construction, and commissioning, ideally within the rail industry.
- Training in PMP, Prince 2, or similar Project Management methodology.
- Highly motivated, with excellent leadership, organisational, communication, and people skills.
- Agile mindset, able to make prompt decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience in the Delivery of an ETCS L2 System.
- Experience in detailed design, implementation, testing, and validation following CENELEC standards for complex systems.