Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Providing programming and best practice consultation directly to our clients and partners for the integration of our Enterprise Data Automation products and services with large, complex datasets.
- Driving the partnership with other teams to understand client requirements, communicate product improvements, and assist with all client development needs.
- Adopting and embracing our cultural and innovative best practices and solutions in order to quickly and accurately identify and address highly technical problems.
- Be solution focused, able to quickly and accurately perform detailed and meaningful diagnostic work and troubleshooting, developing additional tools where you see a need internally or for our clients.
- Working closely with technical and data operations teams at client companies to understand their requirements.
- Actively identifying potential areas of improvement or gaps in internal tools & monitoring systems and propose solutions.
- Proactively identifying ideas to help drive stronger product performance and implement those ideas from start to finish.
- Providing technical development guidance, leadership and structure to Enterprise Data clients.
- Building strong stakeholder relationships with clients, engineering and product development teams to resolve issues or build out enhancements.
- Administering training to clients for coding to our API during the pre-sale, implementation and adoption phases of an engagement.
- Supporting the developer community around our data delivery mechanisms.
- Providing timely and informative feedback to the Enterprise Data Automation Product teams.
- Taking ownership of complex questions and issues reported by clients as a second tier of technical support via phone calls, ticket systems, email, and in person.
- Proficiency at data development and analysis using SQL and Python.
- Experience with structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL).
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, or DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with visualisation tools (e.g. Grafana, Kibana, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik).
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C++, C.
- Strong client facing experience, ability to articulate complex technical concepts to all skill levels.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple technical streams / lead client engagements whilst collaborating across different teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field.
- Additional language is an asset (Italian, French, Spanish or German).
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge