Residency in New York or New Jersey required. Meet our Team
Our Technical Sales - Solution Consultants represent Hitachi Vantara to our Partners and Commercial clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand partner/customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. They are immensely capable, adaptable, confident, excellent communicators who are equally cool in front of large crowds and intimate groups. They are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to data driven infrastructure.
We are a collaborative and friendly group, supporting each other's ideas and working together for the success of our customers. Success is shared. We work closely with account managers to demonstrate the breadth and depth of the Hitachi Vantara Technical Portfolio. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
We are currently hiring a Senior Pre-Sales Consultant to be based in the NY Metropolitan Area. The position will be aligned with our Commercial Segment and supporting Sales as part of our US East Region. What You Will Be Doing
The candidate will engage daily with Hitachi Vantara Enterprise Account Executives Including all Channel Partners, the ISV Ecosystem, Service Providers and the wider cross functional Hitachi Vantara team focusing on the Commercial Segment. Collaborating with these teams to promote the Hitachi Vantara vision and strategy, build pipeline and deliver revenue to exceed region goals. This role must focus on the business development aspects of the job yet also demonstrate a clear depth of technical understanding of the entire portfolio of products including Digital Infrastructure components; File, Block and Object Storage, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Management Software and Hybrid Cloud Solutions. What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- 4+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role in the Storage Industry or in a High-Value Solutions Infrastructure company
- 4+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as; Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
- Knowledgeable in ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize desired
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc. would be a plus
- Track record of success in Business Technology related sales.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education preferred
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience. Excellent Whiteboarding Skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Personable - Able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively. Able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge