Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Roles & Responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities and Skills
- Min 9-12 years of experience as Agile Coach.
- Experienced in Agile transformation in large, matrixed, geographically dispersed, and virtual team.
- Collaborates on the creation and evolution of the Agile transformation roadmap and owns driving activities across the organization
- Successfully integrates Agile approaches across various disciplines and stakeholder groups
- Defines and ensures consistent Agile standards and best practices
- Develops and monitors metrics to track progress of Agile adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile transformation efforts
- Build Agile capabilities via classroom training, coaching, and on-the-job development
- Identify candidates to be trained on formal Agile roles such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Team Member, Agile Leadership Principles and Practices
- Identify areas of the business that can benefit from Agile methodology implementation
- Diagnose team readiness in adapting Agile methodology
- Evolve the Agile maturity of teams
- Identify and recommend tools useful for Agile delivery. Establish best practice standards for tool usage and generated output
- Provide personalized coaching to teams looking to implement Agile mindsets, principles and practices
- Help teams remove barriers and troubleshoot processes that block Agile principle.
- Lead a change management strategy at an enterprise level as well as a team level
- Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others to achieve team goals
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable working with scrum and program teams in distributed locations
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge