Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Description
We are looking for a QA engineer with excellent troubleshooting and defect isolation skills within a scale-out storage environment as well as test automation skills. You will join an engineering team currently implementing our next generation file storage product. In this role you will be responsible for validating full end-to-end integration. This role requires the ability to configure the storage solution, integrate SMB/NFS mount points into existing directory services and validating for correct behavior of high availability / disaster recovery operations. In addition, you will validate interoperability with various 3rd party applications and cloud native IaaS and SaaS services. You will work closely with our documentation team providing content for KB articles as well as providing input for end-user documentation. Responsibilities
• Deploy and configure the file storage solution into existing network infrastructures
• Configure MSDS and LDAP environments to support integration testing
• Validate interactions with AWS cloud IaaS and SaaS services
• Deploy Test environments that span VMware and AWS environments
• Document workarounds for minor product and compatibility issues
• Take ownership of quality and user experience, providing feedback via Jira tickets
• Define test cases mapping them to functional and interoperability requirements
• Populate the test suite / case management system
• Execute assigned test cases entering results and defects
• Take ownership of issues reported
• Assist in end user documentation creation and validation
• Participate in the Agile scrum team
• Automate testing where appropriateRequirements
• 6+ years' experience Python experience.
• 6+ years' experience with Linux system administration activities; user account, upgrades, storage configuration etc.
• Understanding of storage and filesystem technologies
• Direct experience designing and implementing test automation frameworks in python.
• Demonstratable knowledge coding python for multi-platform support
• Familiar with GitHub and Jenkins
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Active participation in a modern/distributed team environmentDesirable Skills
• Distributed Storage Experience
• Product testing and Automation within a Cloud environment
• Performance testingEducation
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.