Summary of the position:
The Quality PMO Lead is responsible for establishing and running the pipeline of projects for reducing product warranty costs & improving product quality. This person will be the lead contact for coordinating cross-functional efforts to do the following: prioritize warranty claims data, technical analysis, scope of project work with impact, identify project team/leader, track actions & closures, provide forecast of results in terms of Warranty cost reduction. This individual will be responsible for monitoring key performance indicators (KPI’s) like COPQ, top 10 and actively work with Operations, Engineering, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, Labs, Finance, and other functional teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Set-up PMO of Quality projects, defining the scope, team, start/end date, resources tracking, impact by product by function, by metric
- Conduct the regular reviews cross-functional reviews & provide updates for regular monthly reviews on what is working well, actions in place and challenges
- In conjunction with Quality Technician/Engineer, Engineering, and Operations problem solve for resolution of COPQ issues, customer issues, test cell failures. Problem investigation to include drawing interpretation, measurements of parts, work instruction review.
- Lead projects to improve quality of processes, products and components as a result of internal/external findings, customer complaints, and warranty analysis. Perform joint analysis of complex problems with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality and other departments, to determine root cause and support development of countermeasures.
- Maintains and communicates plant performance to the organization by maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI) spreadsheets/databases.
- Measures and drives internal quality performance improvements for Quality KPIs: Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and First Pass Yield (FPY).
- Works with operations on process evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Actively manages the Material Review Board (MRB) for timely resolution of non-conforming material disposition and resolution.
- Coordinate with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to develop high quality designs and processes during New Product Development Launches.
- Conducts Layered Process Audits (LPA’s).
- Assists with the Quality System maintenance.
- Fully understands, interprets, and audits to ISO9001:2008 or equivalent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Provide guidance to Quality Technicians and other Team members during quality investigations and continual improvement projects.
Education and Knowledge
- B.S. in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing).
- ASQ CQE, PMP & Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Have 10 plus years’ experience in improving product Quality in a manufacturing setting
- Must Have 3 plus years’ experience in Warranty cost improvement, with experience of working with warranty related financial data, working knowledge of product warranty & claim approval systems
- Must have experience of leading & driving several cross-functional projects that are led by engineering, sourcing, manufacturing & even Service teams
- Have strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and result driven mindset
- Ability to think critically, anticipating/recognizing problems and resolving in a timely manner.
- Possess a general working knowledge of automotive or industrial manufacturing quality tools: AIAG, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, MSA, Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards. Solid u/s of ISO 9001 requirements & Quality Management Systems
- Knowledgeable with hands-on experience in the application of Lean and Six Sigma including the following tools: Value Stream Mapping, Cpk/Ppk, GR&R, Sampling Plans, Kaizen, 5S, Statistical Analysis, 5 why’s, Root Cause analysis, VOC, QFD, Error Proofing, Robust Design, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, etc.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with test labs to set-up experiments and evaluate technical results, read blueprints and measure parts with quality hand tools (caliper, micrometer, thread gages, etc.)
- Must be proficient in Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, database
Direct Reports: N/A
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.