Job ID: R0014070
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Product RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Guarantee that the delivery of Signalling products is achieved in compliance with RAMS and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
• Guarantee definition of RAMS Plans.
• Ensure management of Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
• Ensure correct estimation of RAMS and V&V activities.
• Ensure correct identification and apportionment of product RAMS requirements.
• Guarantee the analysis of the system requirements in order to confirm product compliance with safety requirements
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation of product RAMS activities and monitoring of product V&V activities against the applicable standards.
• Ensure that all Safety Related Non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and followed
• Ensure execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level
• Ensure RAM parameters demonstration process
• Guarantee the demonstration of product compliance with quantitative safety targets
• Ensure preparation and delivery of the documentation required for a Safety Case.
• Ensure definition and improvement of RAMS standards.
• Guarantee the cooperation with the other technology functions, Operation and Maintenance, external Suppliers.
• Ensure periodic review of company safety policy and safety targets.
• Ensure compliance with national and international standards
• Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log for the product to relevant Signalling and System RAMS Engineers
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant RAMS Manager
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent technical experience
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.