Job ID: R0014089
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate RAMS Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation and monitoring of the project RAMS and V&V activities and ensure compliance with project budget, schedule and quality requirements.
• Ensure system safety and reliability requirements.
• Ensure the definition and application of the Project V&V governance strategy and guidelines for the integrated System and for any relevant subsystem/ product, verifying the related implementation through V&V Plan review and approval;
• Ensure the issue of project RAMs documentation.
• Ensure the execution and issuing of all project RAMS activities and deliverables, interfacing PM, PE and other departments as required, ensuring information flow to/from the project RAMS team.
• Ensure the execution and the sharing of communication to the PM of the following activities:
• Workload management with periodic workload updates and analysis of deviations;
• Critical path management and alignment of RAMS schedule with project master schedule, to avoid unplanned interruption of activities in RAMS stream;
• Proactive risk management for early detection of cost, schedule, technical and resource issues and proposal of recovery plans.
• Supported by the assigned RAMS WPLs, estimate RAMS activities and ensure V&V activities estimation and agree with the PM and the controller the relevant budget.
• Ensure the safety assessment (ISA) certification (NoBo).
• Support preparation of bids and proposals.
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost constrains to relevant Product, Signalling and System RAMS Engineers.
• Bachelor Degree preferred or equivalent technical experience
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.