Job Title - Senior Manager, IT Strategic Sourcing The Company
We are a global team and represent Hitachi Vantara to external suppliers across industries, establishing business relationships to source IT solutions, hardware, and IT services to support the internal needs of the enterprise and other Hitachis, while delivering the optimal value and contributing to the business of Hitachi. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure success that is celebrated and shared. Our contributions bring value the business and we need people like you to drive results and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Director, this sourcing professional will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of IT categories including hardware, software, cloud service.
• Provide best-in-class technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
• Lead major negotiations with Software, Hardware, and Cloud Providers.
• Develop robust competitive bids with stakeholder collaboration and perform the analysis required to select suppliers and solutions
• Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
• Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favorable terms and mitigate risk. What you bring to the team
• BS (Business or Finance).
• 4 - 7 years' experience in the Procurement of Technology solutions and hardware, sourcing and category management.
• Solid understanding of basic procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate/oversee contracts.
• Subject matter expertise in the IT category: Hardware and Software (On-Prem and SAAS).
• Experience with major software and hardware suppliers, such as: Oracle, Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, Seagate, Veritas, VMWare is a plus.
• Experience executing competitive bids (RFPs / RFQs)
• An aptitude to think creatively and work consistently to identify, develop and value driven supplier engagements and you'll be able to share specific examples to illustrate where and how you have done this
• The ability to navigate complex supplier sourcing and negotiation scenarios and influence key internal and external decision makers to deliver results.
• Strong supplier management skills. Ability to develop senior level relationships with suppliers.
• Experience negotiating and managing relationships with major resellers of hardware and software is a plus.
• Experience working with Product Development / Engineering teams and in leveraging strategic relationship with suppliers in the development of new hardware and software solutions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $130,000 -$139,000
Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $115,000 - $121,000
Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $90,000 - $97,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.