Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, and deliver social and environmental value. Our Customer Success Function interfaces with customers at the forefront of digital innovation by driving proactive and responsive customer engagement and helping them realize the best outcomes from their investment in our solutions. What You Will Be Doing
This role presents an exciting opportunity to make a significant positive impact in supporting the people, processes, systems, and analytical needs of our Customer Success organization. The Director, Customer Success Operations will be responsible for ensuring that our post-sale customer engagement teams are properly equipped and empowered to deliver outstanding value and exceptional experience across our global customer base. He/she will provide operational, analytical, and decision-making support to enable key customer engagement motions related to onboarding, adoption, retention, expansion, and advocacy. The individual will lead critical Customer Success operational maturity initiatives and projects and play a key role in the current and future strategy of our CS organization.
Reporting to the VP, Customer Success Responsibilities
What You Bring To The Team
- Work closely with Customer Success leadership to build a long-term strategic vision and goals for the CS function and create a structured approach to CS operations execution
- Plan and lead Customer Success initiatives and programs related to Customer Lifecycle Management, Account Health Tracking, Adoption and Retention Plays, Digital Engagement, Reporting and Analytics, etc.
- Establish consistent CS processes that drive scale, automation, and integration across different systems, tools, and data capture/analysis. Explore and recommend best practices and continuous improvements to our operating model and methodology
- Lead Customer Success platform implementation, integration, and optimization and enable full customer journey
- Drive Account Health scoring, monitoring, and reporting to ensure proper risk management and control
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive digital enablement. Coordinate with key stakeholders on digital journey development, content creation, curation, and metrics
- Develop and deliver processes, tools, and playbooks that provide a solid foundation for the effectiveness and efficiency of our post-sale engagement with Customers and Partners
- Manage ongoing CS reporting and analytics. Implement dashboards that track key Customer Success KPIs and leverage data to analyze customer churn and growth indicators so we can make intelligent decisions on resource allocation and retention/expansion plays
- Oversee customer survey management and reporting and bring the Voice of Customer to the Product Management Team and other key stakeholders
- Partner and lead project execution across multiple Hitachi Vantara teams including Customer Success, Sales, Product Management, Customer Support, Professional Services, Finance, Marketing, etc., and ensure the highest level of quality and performance for the CS organization
- Be driven and motivated to achieve set objectives/improvements and act as a catalyst for positive change!
- Must have a proven track record of leading, scaling, and developing the strategies and execution of a high-paced CS and/or operations organization
- At least 5 years of experience in Customer Success Operations or Sales Operations roles in high-growth B2B software and/or platform environments
- At least 10 years of experience in a services-based or as-a-Service organization
- Experience with software and tools such as a leading CS platform (e.g. Gainsight, Strikedeck, Totango or equivalent), Salesforce, and BI tools
- Solid Project/Program Management experience and proven ability to plan and execute initiatives that improve team efficiency, productivity and performance, and drive automation and scale
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, and overall communication skills
- Strong business acumen and data analytics skills
- Great cross-functional collaborator with passion for enhancing customer and partner success
- Hyper-focused on driving results and making things happen. Strong desire to solve challenges, roll up sleeves and get things done, regardless of project scope
- High levels of energy, positive attitude, persistence, and professionalism
- Bachelor's Degree required (MBA a plus)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge