Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Engineering Manager
to join our Catalog Engineering Team.
Hitachi Vantara Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data, information, and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
We are looking for technical leads who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.We are a growing team with plenty of interesting business challenges to solve through effective data management.
We are looking for a hands-on technical lead, who is willing to learn fast, adapt well to changing requirements and work with multi-functional teams and support Product Marketing, Sales and Support teams to deliver data solutions. You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. What You Will Do
What You Will Bring To The Table
- 10+ years of experience designing and building successful customer facing bigdata applications.
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Statistics or equivalent quantitative disciplines.
- Experience leading software projects that resulted in new designs, products and processes.
- Building and managing remote teams that are geographically distributed
- Deep understanding of and experience with cloud-native software architecture patterns/practices such as microservices, event driven architecture, pub/sub and message driven systems, service-oriented architecture, data integration, API first approaches.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills including conducting research, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing bigdata applications.
- Experience conducting code reviews and providing detailed feedback.
- Thought leadership in recommending strategic technology options and technology product strategy.
- Experience driving adoption of enterprise standards and standard methodologies
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills as well as skills for influencing technology direction in business context.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions.
- A track record of critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues
- Expert understanding of data models, database schemas, and optimization in domain driven design
- Familiarity with data governance workflows and leading practices
- Hiring, on-boarding and mentoring team members
- Coordinating work with other managers and staff
- Providing technical guidance for multiple complex projects
- Identifying integration patterns and points between design areas across the stack
- Identifying and championing the creation and use of common services and components
- Making authoritative recommendations for technical issues, standards, and strategies
- Collaborating with other engineering teams, business partners and product management team to provide best in class solutions
- Partnering with other IT teams for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise information data models, data flows, data life cycle, and overall data management leading practices in a complex environment
- Proactively communicating methodology, architecture, and results to a diverse set of partners Effective and efficient data management is our goal, and we expect you to meet our high standards for data governance and quality,
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge