Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Vehicle Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks in Engineering Department. The position is based in PISTOIA - IT
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Support and coordination during the bid and project development of the technical design of system
- Definition of the conceptual solution of Equipment Integration on vehicles
- Preparation of system requirements specification of a mechanical system
- Analysis of Suppliers' technical proposals
- Checking the technical description of the system
- Verification of drawings / documents (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) for installation / integration on board
- Checking of FEM analysis report
- Tolerance concept & analysis for equipment integration
- Preparation / verification of performance test specification
- Support during system type tests
- Support during the on-board integration test
- Design review with Clients and Suppliers
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience of at least 3 years in the railway or mechanical industry with the role of Vehicle Engineer or mechanical industry with the role of mechanical integrator
- Good knowledge of pneumatic scheme, hydraulic scheme, electrical scheme comprehension, bolted and riveted connections;
- Good knowledge of bolted and riveted connections;
- Basic knowledge of electrics and mechanics is required.
- Knowledge of the main office automation software/tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of mechanical design software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.) and the IBM DOORS requirements management tool.
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes and Railway Operations.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, with the attitude to contribute with constructive and practical ideas.
- Readiness to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multitasking international environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in teams and for projects is required.
- Availability for short-term national and international business trip.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Ability to manage and plan the assigned tasks independently and team-working.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, problem-solving attitude and business process analysis.
- Ability to face with the different internal functions (internal customer) and external (suppliers, customers, partners).
- Planning and organization.
- Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices.
- Strong business acumen & technical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attitude to work in an international and multi-cultural reality.
Education / Qualifications
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical background
Good knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory.
English language knowledge on at least international B2 level