Company DescriptionCompany Overview
Hitachi Solutions is a global solutions integrator passionate about designing, developing, and delivering cutting edge cloud solutions to help our clients innovative across their entire business. Our firm develops the business services and technology powering some of the products you use every day - and is closely aligned with Microsoft and other leaders in the cloud computing space.
What sets Hitachi Solutions apart is both our industry focus, and the intellectual property that we bring to our customers. Recognized for our achievements year after year, we strive to be the trusted advisor of large and medium sized enterprises alike - helping them move fast to achieve strategic business initiatives with distinguished engineering, hard work, and compassion. With over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, in our 18 years of focus our company has seen explosive growth and high customer satisfaction. This has allowed us to offer exceptionally compelling salaries, 401k match, family leave, and health benefits. And no - we will not make you come into an office or ask for an inflexible work schedule.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.New Product Development and Innovations Team
This position in our company is housed in our New Product Development and Innovations team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive atmosphere: well-funded, focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to help our firm introduce products to enhance our already strong services business - ultimately making the cloud easier for our customers, and allowing us to hit our long term financial goals with greater-than linear scale.Job DescriptionProduct Development Team - Empower
This position in our company is housed in our Product Development team. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work in a atmosphere focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and advancing innovation and sound engineering. It is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customers.
Our Principal Software Engineering role a full-time position to build the APIs and services that deliver SaaS and PaaS experiences underpinning our enterprise Analytics as a Service product and other initiatives.
Individuals in this role will build and enhance python API's and packages leveraging FastAPI, SqlAlchemy, and related packages. Qualified candidates have a strong software engineering background, ideally with 6+ year in Python development.
- Write clean and reusable code with comments, unit tests, and documentation
- Work closely with team members across engineering, marketing, sales, product, design, and others
- Mentor engineering staff and help encourage and enforce good coding practices
- Build secure, scalable back-end systems that people rely on for real-world outcomes
- Understanding and practice of DevOps principles
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices and reusable code
Although the opening is 100% Remote / Virtual / Work-from-Home you must
reside, and be authorized to work, in the US.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is highly desired; work experience in lieu of experience is acceptable
- At least 8 years of relevant software development experience including 6+ years with Python 3.x, FastAPI (or other standard industry API), and relational databases (SQL/ORM) is REQUIRED
- Expertise in microservices-based architecture and modern cloud-based architecture is REQUIRED
- Experience taking complex requirements and architecting those features for other software developers is REQUIRED
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React or Angular is a plus
- Experience in the Azure cloud platform including cloud architecture, development, and deployment practices is desired; knowledge/experience with other cloud platforms is acceptable
- Competency in performing integrations into enterprise applications
- Strong commitment to writing reliable, scalable, testable, and maintainable code
- High-level of ambitious determination to complete tasks within realistic time frames
- Previous experience in a full or partial remote work environment
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written English (being multi-lingual is a plus)
- Capable of working well with teams, but can also work effectively while being independent
#LI-CA1Additional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.