The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with project leaders to define, prioritise and develop PMO mechanisms of support
- Leading and developing the Sequence Alliance Project Controls
- Ensure accurate and timely cost, schedule and change management communication
- Provide clear communication of how projects are progressing to senior management
- Proactively identifying & raising issues so there are “no surprises”
- Ensuring projects are adequately resources, project delivery groups needs are understood
- Plan and set deliverables and timelines and assign work to PMO Leads
- Produce EVM Management
- Analyse data for resource allocation
- Draft and implement PMO policy and process
- Evaluate programs of work to ensure compliance, quality and performance
- Document project development and execution to scope, budget, and justifications
- Support the PMO Leads in Secretariat activities
Key Experiences preferred:
The candidate of choice should bring 5+ years of hands-on experience of:
- Proven track record delivering complex and international projects +$100 million, in PMO
- Significant commercial experience (5+ years) working in complex, multi-discipline engineering projects including phases of design, procurement, construction, commissioning. Ideally within the rail industry.
- A degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Training in PMP, Prince 2 or similar Project Management methodology.
- Highly motivated, with excellent leadership, organisational, communication and people skills.
- Agile mindset, able to take prompt decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change management, risk management, cost estimation
Key qualifications preferred:
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with background in Systems Engineering.
- 5 + years experience in a project management role, and this having this experience in rail, systems and signalling is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse cultural organization with multiple key stakeholders displaying highly polished interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in effective resource management and working with a large multi-cultural team;
- Estimating and negotiations.