Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Director - Core Infrastructure Services, this role will be key to developing, delivering and supporting enterprise network solutions, (both internal and external) that will enable Hitachi Vantara to be a leader in the delivery of solutions for Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Social Innovation. The Hitachi Vantara Network team is rethinking everything with an emphasis on leveraging software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, and Data Center, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services. What you bring to the team
• Engineer, design and deploy network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements
• Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
• Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to our EnggOps teams
• Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
• Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
• Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
• Act as a coach to build the team and its members
• Strive for quality and customer satisfaction in the projects assigned Qualifications
• Minimum 12+ years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies and F5
• Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, PaloAlto
• Demonstrable experience in designing, deploying, maintaining cloud deployments, AWS, Azure, GCP. Cloud certifications preferred.
• In dept understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
• Expertise with F5 LTM & GTM load-balancer configuration and APIs (TMSH and iRules)
• A firm understanding of networking concepts & protocols at all layers: TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, SSL etc...
• Hands-on experience deploying & configuring F5 LB
• Significant experience with supporting and maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set-up, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation of F5s
• Extensive experience with Big-IP LTM and GTM modules in a large shared environment
• Demonstrate an ability to craft and understand iRules
• Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic
• Experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization experience with supporting and maintaining wireless networks
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Design of application aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN (Cisco Viptela), SDN/Data Center and SDN/LAN and the associated orchestration and control tools.
• Experience with deploying NFV and automating enterprise network tasks and services is a plus.
• Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS& NXOS, routing/switching and WiFi
• Advanced level experience working with identity-based network authentication mechanisms (Cisco ISE, 802.1x). ForeScout experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with cloud connectivity models for Enterprise extension. Specifically AWS, Azure.
• Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, and network optimization/acceleration
• Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
• Hands on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
• Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as HP OV, Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
o Hardware: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks,
o Software: Cisco Viptela, IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, LiveAction Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge