Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We are a diverse group of thinkers, problem solvers, designers, testers and builders located all around the world. Our team is working together to build tools which enable our users to deliver data driven insights and solutions. We develop and maintain all parts of the Pentaho Community and Enterprise software suite, including Pentaho Business Analytics and Pentaho Data Integration. These data tools have an open source legacy and integrate connectivity to a broad spectrum of data sources and platforms which you will be working with.
Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science with a focus on Java development. They should have some experience mentoring junior engineers. Bonus points for bringing some knowledge of large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. If you have experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure; or have worked with containers and orchestration systems like Docker and Kubernetes; or have dabbled with big data on distributed platforms like Hadoop, bonus points for those too. You will be working with architects, product management, usability, quality, documentation, and the open source community to enhance and advance all portions of the Pentaho software suite. What You Will Be Doing
• Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
• Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
• Mentor and advise junior team members
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
• Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
• Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects What You Bring To The Team
• 5+ Years of experience in Java Object Oriented Software Development
• Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
• Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
• Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
• Experience with build related tools such as Maven
• Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
• Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
• 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment Bonus Points
• Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
• Experience working with distributed computing platforms, like Hadoop
• Experience working with container technologies like Docker and orchestrating them with systems like Kubernetes
• Experience working with Data Integration / ETL and Big Data concepts
• Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2, Oracle, SQL Server
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $115,000 to $165,000 base pay
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge