Company DescriptionCompany Overview
Hitachi Solutions is a global solutions integrator passionate about designing, developing, and delivering cutting edge cloud solutions to help our clients innovative across their entire business. Our firm develops the business services and technology powering some of the products you use every day - and is closely aligned with Microsoft and other leaders in the cloud computing space.
What sets Hitachi Solutions apart is both our industry focus, and the intellectual property that we bring to our customers. Recognized for our achievements year after year, we strive to be the trusted advisor of large and medium sized enterprises alike - helping them move fast to achieve strategic business initiatives with distinguished engineering, hard work, and compassion. With over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, in our 18 years of focus our company has seen explosive growth and high customer satisfaction. This has allowed us to offer exceptionally compelling salaries, 401k match, family leave, and health benefits. And no - we will not make you come into an office or ask for an inflexible work schedule.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.New Product Development and Innovations Team
This position in our company is housed in our New Product Development and Innovations team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive atmosphere: well-funded, focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to help our firm introduce products to enhance our already strong services business - ultimately making the cloud easier for our customers, and allowing us to hit our long term financial goals with greater-than linear scale.Job Description
This position sits in Hitachi Solutions America's Azure Cloud Enablement (ACE) Division in the Innovation practice on the Empower (DW/BI PaaS) product team.Please note:
Position is Remote / Virtual / Work-from-home primarily with up to 20% travel possible (expected to be 5-10%) and candidate MUST
reside, and be authorized to work, in the US or Canada without sponsorship.
The Principal Solution Architect is the visionary cloud architect in the Hitachi Solutions organization, working to envision innovative, automated solutions in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment with advanced specialization in Analytics (DW/Datalakehouse/BI) and Modern Data Platforms. The Principal Solution Architect is part of the Empower PaaS product delivery team, partnering with Sales and driving/supporting the technical sales process (a "pre-sales"/client facing role) from scoping client needs to solution inception through project initiation. The Principal Solution Architect will architect solutions and identify and support deliverables and/or project objectives that meet client needs.
The Principal Solution Architect works with our clients to scope the engagement, discover, and analyze high-level requirements in order to define reference architectures with the client, sales, and implementation teams. Must be capable and comfortable in communicating with IT leadership and the C-suite, with the demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technical architecture, development standards, and data & process governance. This is a hands-on leadership position in a dynamic, demanding delivery environment. Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience doing enterprise architecture or similar, for a technology consulting/IT professional services firm (preferred) or direct employment at a large corporate enterprise
- 8+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams and heavily matrixed organizations
- Hands-on experience working at a high level in Modern Digital Landscape with thorough knowledge of Infrastructure, Azure Data Services, Data Governance, Business Intelligence, and Security Architecture.
- Specific, relevant, large-scale experience is REQUIRED in Azure Data Services Cloud Architecture including cloud native, the datalakehouse landscape (including Databricks architecture) and microservice architectures within an Azure Cloud ecosystem.
- Broad knowledge of Azure cloud offerings, and ability to identify fit for purpose to solve the customers core business problems.
- Ability to hand-off technical designs and requirements to a delivery team for execution and ensuring customer vision is shared across the team.
- Ability to express complex technical and business concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to work independently & coordinate projects with a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-directed learner.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Microsoft Azure certifications are desired (plus we'll keep them current and/or get you additional ones!)
- Have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or similar area of study is highly desired; work experience is lieu of a degree is acceptable
#pre-salesAdditional InformationWe are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.