The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of inventory through regular cycle counts. Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers. The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for assisting satellite warehouses in conducting cycle counts. This will include providing the count to the warehouse, investigating discrepancies, and processing the count when complete. Consistent interaction with Operations Manager, Production Manager, Warehouse Associates, and Shop Technicians.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigates discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Communicates inventory results with the Warehouse Manager and the Controller.
- Coordinates with Accounting to document cycle counts and correct any inventory discrepancies in appropriate systems.
- Investigates lost or missing inventory.
- Works with external auditors on inventory audits.
- Serve as subject matter expert and work with IT to obtain necessary reporting and system functionality necessary for inventory purposes.
- Ensures completed work order inventory accuracy.
- Determines proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Maintains default inventory locations in appropriate system.
- Monitors the recording of incoming and outgoing shipments through random audits.
- Assist with identifying process improvements.
- Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Assist in continuous improvement and Lean activities proactively and as assigned.
- Operate forklift to move inventory between warehouse and to storage areas.
- Operate pallet jack to move inventory.
- Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Keeps records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the proper use of bridge / jib crane operation, lifting rigging and proper securing of all objects. Certified in forklift operation.
- Perform additional duties assigned by management to include shipping, receiving, and kit building and strive for continual improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Assist with the completion of work orders.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One year warehouse inventory control experience.
- Ability to follow company instructions and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, read and comprehend.
- Ability to write job documentation and reporting requirement needs.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to operate company software used in company operations.