Meet our Team
The Executive Assistant to the Regional VP Central Region will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks that vary in complexity and sensitivity.
The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The position requires the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
This vacancy is Part-time and will be filled from May 2023 What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Manage an active calendar of appointments and organize internal and external meetings
- Monitoring incoming emails and other communication; act upon by delegating, forwarding or highlighting relevant tasks and information
- Organizing detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Managing and completing administrative tasks like PO's, expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Managing and driving certain business processes with ownership
- be an integral part of internal communications by proposing, selecting and preparing relevant topics
- Collecting, organizing and preparing relevant information or reports in excel or from business intelligence tools, organize, prepare and update presentations
- Arranging company dinners and other corporate events; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
- Manage logistics of off-site meeting and assists with any department meetings as needed.
- Managing internal and external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts
- Enhances executive's and company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update budget and pull finance system reports
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes.
- Anticipates the executive's needs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- At least 5+ years of executive administrative support experience.
- Very good verbal, writing and report presentation skills are essential
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluent in German and English. Any other language is an advantage
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge