Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Global Account Manager (GAM) is globally responsible for establishing business alliances and partnerships within a key Global Systems Integrators account. The Global Account Manager develops the global strategy working closely with each of the regions. The GAM maintains a highly interactive relationship within the key sales leadership in each region for the assigned GSI to achieve ongoing initiatives. The GAM works with both the GSI and Hitachi internal departments on contracts, agreements and conducts strategic analysis of market trends, competition, leveraging product teams to develop joint solutions and new opportunities.
The GAM is accountable for achieving revenue and margin objectives within the account. They provide support for regional leadership and coordinate all operational aspects of the assigned GSI. This includes tactical and strategic planning, leadership relationship development and operational oversight with laser focus on driving revenue. Facilitation and coordination with the regional partner managers, managing of programs and joint selling with the regional sales teams responsible for the assigned SI partner(s) that continually seeks to improve its performance, and drive worldwide SI revenues. What you bring to the team
• A minimum of seven years' experience to include directly managing a Systems Integrator relationship; OR working for a Systems Integrator in a client facing consulting role OR in an industry-based consulting role e.g. Healthcare Life Sciences, Communications Media and entertainment sector, Financial Services etc.
• Proven track record of sales success, achieving quotas, thinking big and growing revenue streams in the GSI market
• Executive presence and ability to influence (sell) to all levels within GSI partners, customers, and our internal organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
• Must have a strong executive presence and demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain relationships at all levels within the GSI's community plus exhibit the ability to "sell ideas" and influence senior leadership internally and external
• Strong business acumen and technology knowledge. Background in IoT, big data, analytics, and key application (Oracle, Microsoft or SAP) a plus.
• Flexibility to travel globally 60-70% of the time.
• Inspiring communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall sales campaign. Responsibilities:
• Develop a next-generation GSI business strategy which covers short, medium, and long-term durations. The strategy will include: prioritizing strategic solutions for key industry business verticals, building a catalogue of solutions for the GSI to take to market, driving/managing field engagement with the partner teams, aligning top executives and managing an active pipleline necessary to exceed assigned quota.
• Establish medium and long-term business objectives including investment plans and company-level strategy shifts required to significantly grow the GSI and Hitachi Vantara's (HV) business.
• Passionately own/manage assignment of all primary GSI executive relationships as part of the broader strategic direction.
• Spend 80% of available time in the pursuit of opportunities by having daily contact with assigned accounts
• Establish solid relationships at all levels within the assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than the competition. Provide quarterly QBR's with assigned executive sponsors from HV and the GSI executives
• Lead the development of a strategic plan, in collaboration with the HV Global SI's team, to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth for the nominated SI partner.
• Coordinate with internal and SI teams to develop unique/specific solution offerings that are repeatable with SI counterparts that will be accepted in the marketplace, that provide joint wins for HV and Systems Integrators.
• Take responsibility for leading and managing virtual team of resources to deliver the development and launch of Systems Integrators/ HV combined solutions. Define success criteria for Proof of Concepts (PoC's) an expeditiously drive the PoC's to a swift closure.
• Create and maintain a high priority pipeline and forecast that tracks strategic and tactical SI revenue opportunities. On a periodic and formal basis, reports financial results and business initiative progress to the sales and SI leadership team.
• Evangelize and engage with HV Field Sales to educate on SI Solution and how to work with SI *Responsible for integrity of proposals submitted including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity per price approval guidelines
• Building a strategy for "Sell To", "Sell Through" or "Sell With" approaches to the business that include both CAPEX and OPEX (consumption) sales models.
• Drive a plan to achieve assigned quota by defining necessary activities, key relationships, and strategic solutions to exceed sales targets.
Qualifications Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge