Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. What you will do
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing test cases and developing automated tests. The Engineering Team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep quality-focused involvement from start to finish of each project. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Perform both manual and automated testing for complex projects.
- Maintain, debug and development of Java automation framework
- Participate in creating test plans, test data, test cases, and automated tests.
- Participate in reviews of business requirements.
- Contribute to functional specifications and participate in reviews of feature designs.
- Provide input to test coverage based on requirements, functional specifications, and feature designs.
- Document and report on manual and automated test results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering team members to communicate any identified bug fixes needed for the product.
- Provide assistance for other team members as needed to configure and troubleshoot applications
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $64,000.00 to $92,000.00 Base Pay The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
- Competent in Java development
- Familiar with Linux OS
- Experience with cutting-edge solutions
- Understanding of engineering processes
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Some structured programming knowledge in any programming language.
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
- 0-2 years of hands-on contribution in Software Engineering or related field
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge