Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Sales and Business Development Manager with senior experience. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Germany.
Sales and Business Development Manager responsible for driving Hitachi Rail’s expansion into the German railway market, including enabling access to senior market stakeholders and having an active lead role in bids for identified projects opportunities.
Munich or remote working, Germany
- Establish for Hitachi Rail a network with senior executives from rail operator companies, rail equipment suppliers, transport authorities, associations and other industry stakeholders and partners in Germany
- Understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet them, setting objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Contribute to the identification and development of opportunities suitable for Hitachi Rail’s product portfolio
- Understand market trends and advise on short- and long-term pipeline targets. Support the drafting of a sales pipeline, carry out sales forecasts and analysis
- Ensure the management and execution of all business development and sales activities in accordance with Hitachi Rail’s market strategy, collaborating with Hitachi Rail’s internal organisation as appropriate
- Guide, support and contribute towards negotiations and contract acquisition during a bidding phase
- Have a good understanding of the business products or services and be able to advise about them, understand competition and industry positioning
- Align promotional strategy and activities with Sales Senior Management and External Communications & Marketing, including attend seminars, conferences and events
- Provide support in the corporate approval process according to the current standards and processes
- Comply with and implement Hitachi Rail’s Health and Safety policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required by the job
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
It is our expectation that successful applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the experience and skills listed below:
- At least 15 years’ experience in German railway industry
- Proven record of business development activities at Senior level
- Proven record of large contracts successfully executed having assumed an active role in bidding and negotiations phases
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets, high initiative and decision making skills, ability to think strategically
- Excellent presentation and communication skills needed for communicating effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of people, both internally and externally, good networking skill
- Collaboration and good relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and Meet Deadlines
- Available to undertake frequent business travelling within Germany
Additional desirable Requirements and skills
- Work experience in railway passenger sector
- Good understanding of finance elements, including Public Private Partnership schemes
- Knowledge of railway transportation models (Technical and economical)
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
- German at native level
- English at fluent level
- Italian and/or other commonly spoken European languages is a plus