Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. Team is the confluence of finest Engineering talent, best in class tools and frameworks and a purpose-built modern facility that delivers the most advanced cloud workload management function.
We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Experience in Azure IaaS / PaaS (multi-cloud will be added advantage) & SRE functions
- Good knowledge & hands on experience across multiple areas (at least 2 to 3 areas) like Cloud IaaS, PaaS services (Azure preferred), DevOps / infrastructure As Code tools (Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, GIT, Chef, Artifactory), SRE operations, server OS (Linux, Windows), network/security
- Understanding of Operating Systems, Backups and High-Availability(HA)/DR.
- Guiding the team technically, driving resolution of critical issues & delivering Cloud and SRE Managed Services support engagements
- Experience in driving infrastructure automation, building Devops & SRE capabilities in the team
- Experience in transition management & production support
- Adept at creating high level & low-level design documents, Knowledge Base articles, driving service improvements & innovations
- Managing Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes. This includes leading effective postmortems/RCAs and ensuring actions are followed-up.
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues reported in Operations and work with Internal Teams to address the issues
- Work with Application/Product Engineering Management teams in enabling New Applications onboarding by gathering and documenting product requirements
- Handling review with customers on daily operational performance and help analyze Incidents, Problems, Alerts Data, trends, drive optimization
- Strong experience in ITSM - Incident / Change / Problem / Configuration process
- ITIL Foundation v3 preferred
- Agile / Scrum - Good to have
- Willing to work in 24*7 shift-based model
- Effectively promote process best practices
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Communication skills: strong presentation/ communication / facilitation skills (oral and written)
- Works well with teams or in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
- General consulting skills, including team facilitation, business case development, appropriate use of methodology / templates
Nice to have skills:
- Experience leading a team in an Application Production Environment Support
- Strong Experience in any of the Scripting Languages (Perl, Python, PowerShell, VBScript)
- Strong experience in Observability Tools (DataDog, Grafana, ELK)
- Good knowledge of Unix systems, web technologies, databases, and public cloud systems like AWS, Networking, Systems
- IT Service Management: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
Type of Project (Development/Support/Migration/Upgrade/etc....):
- Working knowledge on Agile methodologies
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, management fabric, and distributed services layers.
- Experience in Service Tiering and operational KPIs for measuring reliability
Support Shifts, If any:
Shifts between 10AM - 11PM Client Interview (Yes/No):
No Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
- Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
- Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
- Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge