What you'll be doing
The role is responsible for leading and managing large Agile delivery teams, as defined by the Professional Services and Managed Services Engagement Managers using the approved Delivery Service Office project management tools and methodology. The role is responsible for ensuring project/programme success, within the agreed timescales, whilst maintaining an exemplary level of customer satisfaction, in a rewarding and flexible environment.
What you bring to the team
- Establish, agree and communicate the Agile Delivery Plan for each assigned project, in line with Hitachi standards and practices, tailoring information, insights and arguments for different stakeholders.
- Implement best of breed Agile processes for delivering projects, including Scrum and Kanban Board management, running daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retros, Backlog grooming with Product Owner, verifying technical and User Stories, and overseeing Sprint Testing.
- Ensure that client deliveries are done in accordance with the Hitachi and client technical and operational expectations, and exercise proactive escalations as necessary.
- Operate tight controls to monitor and report on Sprint progress, specifically recording all effort expended, producing burn down reports.
- Report progress to both the customer and Hitachi management, ensuring a sound, comprehensive status is reported and all issues and risks are highlighted to the Project Manager.
- Provide coaching to all Scrum Team members, building mutual support and ensuring that a sense of common purpose is developed, by providing a clear sense of direction and aligning goals, objectives and priorities to business strategy.
- Manage Sprint Retros and feedback lessons learned, as part of Hitachi process improvement.
- Ensure that the Hitachi Vantara brand value is enhanced through maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the project and where customer policy allows, that the customer can be referenced for the service delivered
- Continually develop personal skills, demonstrating a strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Certified Scrum Master (Certified SAFe 5 Scrum Master).
- Extensive Agile development experience within a technology or service delivery environment.
- Experience with the full Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Experience with and/or knowledge of Agile development tools such a Jira.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Scrum teams in a complex environment
- Establishing leadership impact: Projecting personal confidence, authority and passion for energizing others. Highly articulate and a good communicator and relationship former; projecting personal confidence, authority and passion.
- Driving delivery: Instilling accountability and keeping the team's performance on track, aligning capabilities and motivation.
- Team working: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues across functions.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge