Meet our Team
The role of the Junior Systems Engineer Storage is a customer facing service operation position in Hitachi Vantara's Global Delivery division. This individual supports a L2/L3 operations team responsible for the delivery of Block Storage / SAN / NAS / Archiving as a Service to a specific client based on agreed SLAs, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Besides operational tasks it also includes project-based work depending on customer needs.
The Junior Systems Engineer Storage will be involved in daily operations, complex incident and problem resolution and will build a technical gateway to Hitachi Vantara's Global Delivery as well as will introduce new methods, tools and technologies based on the corporate availability to the team, to increase the efficiency of storage operations. Managing the integration of selected innovations into daily operations is part of the role as well as contribution to increase the level of automation. This individual guarantees the stability and seamless operation of Hitachi Vantara's storage estate.
The role requires readiness for On-Call duty.What You Will Be Doing
What You'll Bring To The Role
- Role as as Junior Systems Engineer Storage with aspects of an Architect and Consulting role for Hitachi Block Storage, Hitachi Network Attached Storage (NAS), Hitachi Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Gateway between Hitachi local Delivery team, Engineering and the Managed Service Operations Team
- Leading complex Projects/tasks and providing storage consultancy.
- Performance, Capacity and Load analysis for the customer environment and recommendation of measures to ensure stable and efficient operational conditions.
- Complex root cause analysis in context of stability issues.
- Planning, Coordination and Installation of complex system software upgrades following customer processes and procedures.
- Take technical ownership of assigned incidents, problems, changes or other tasks (troubleshooting, customer workshops, etc.) whilst guaranteeing the SLAs
- Report to the regional Service Delivery Manager to highlight improvement potential and technical innovations for the storage service and architecture.
- Training of team members
- Partition on On-Call rotation
- You have 1+ year of experience as a Systems Engineer / Administrator
- You have basic experience in infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Compute, Operating Systems)
- Understanding of IT service Management processes and methods (ITIL)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision - self-motivated and self-contained
- Analytical and problem resolving attitude
- Programming/Scripting Capabilities are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- Willing to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
- Communicating highly technical information adequately to both technical and non-technical personnel
- You have high intermediate (B2 or better) written and spoken English and German skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs. We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit Wa
- Harmony, Trust, Respect Makoto
- Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity Kaitakusha-Seishin
- Pioneering Spirit, Challenge