Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
All Service Desk Advisors will work with sales representatives to clarify requirements, create and price service proposals, and ensure a smooth sales process.
The Associate Service Desk Advisor will take service requests and incoming calls from Hitachi sales representatives and work with them to select an appropriate service offering for their opportunity or escalate to a Senior Advisor. The role will be responsible for handling inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Reporting Structure
Associate Service Desk Advisor is an individual contributor role reporting to the Service Desk Manager.
Associate Service Desk Advisor is a full-time, hourly position. Tasks and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Classify inquiries from sales teams by following a defined process; take appropriate action based on the opportunity type.
- Select and position services to support a customer objective.
- Engage subject matter experts on high-value service opportunities for further development.
- Inform sales of alternative or additional services that may fulfill customer's objectives; describe service outcomes.
- Update the ticketing system to reflect the status for each service opportunity.
- Operate the customer relationship management systems and ensure accurate information about customers and opportunities are available.
- Build rapport with sales through friendly, engaging communication; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotes.
- Assist other Advisors with sales district presentations.
- Follow prescribed training program meeting key milestones at defined time intervals.
- Perform tasks and activities delegated by the Senior Desk Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in computing with a business-related minor, or bachelor's degree in business with a computing related minor, or equivalent military experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively.
- Speak in a friendly way to sales; listening to their needs and communicating options for them.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrate capacity to understand technical topics.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge