Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a talented Software Development Manager with technical experience in a scrum development environment. This individual must have great success leading development teams of Software Engineers. The responsibility of the Software Development Manager is to focus on the development process and people, guiding teams to track and deliver to the roadmaps set by engineering leadership and product management.
This position requires excellent technical team leadership skills. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about leading, growing teams, and delivering quality products, and truly enjoys what they do.
Pentaho works in an agile/scrum environment with daily standups, code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross-functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Owners, QA, and Technical Writers, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Be very technical in nature and hands-on with the code when needed
- Help developers resolve both complex technical problems as well as human resource issues
- Mentor and monitor individual team member's skills and performance
- Collaborate with Software Developers in determining best practices and development standards
- Assist in both sprint and release planning
- Perform metrics analysis and reporting on matters related to the software development process and team members
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a global engineering organization and the know how to deliver solutions that delight customers
- Minimum of 5 years experience of hard-core coding in a commercial software development lifecycle with an excellent track record of delivery
- Strong leadership, mentoring, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and the continual need to innovate and learn new technologies
- Object Oriented software development concepts, principles, and best practices
- Unit, integration, and automated testing as well as metrics reporting
- Scrum development methodology and Agile practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Experience with solutions that manage data and deliver value from data including Big Data concepts
- Experience with modular software and services management frameworks such as OSGi and Spring
- Experience in large-scale distributed systems and all things containerization
- Expertise with the inner workings of Docker containers with Kubernetes
- Hands-on knowledge with cloud platform like AWS, Azure, and GCP
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge