Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a knowledgeable data governance professional to take our fledgling data governance program and make it soar. This role focuses on agreed upon Enterprise Data scope/coverage, ensures data quality requirements are defined and methodically work to fulfill data quality requirements. As part of your responsibilities, you will work closely with our Business Area Leads to build their engagement and stewardship of our internal data assets. You will also collaborate with our Cybersecurity and technology operations teams to implement data governance standards and best practices to improve the quality of our data. You'll be working to review, evaluate, test, and document emerging data governance technologies, methodologies, and best practices. This includes leveraging your deep experience in the implementation of data governance solutions in such areas as: data quality, data lineage, data glossary, data security management, metadata management, and advanced data analysis solutions.
In this role you will continue the work we have begun with our business areas to build out the business glossary and data catalog, develop a process for the approval of technology standards, write data governance policies, oversee the adoption of data governance efforts, and partner with the legal and information security teams to fulfill Hitachi Vantara commitments related to reducing company's Data Management risks.
As the role requires close collaboration with senior-level executives (members of DG Councils/C-Suite), business data owners, and stewards, it is a must-have to be an excellent communicator who can drive the process to govern data at enterprise scale.
What You Bring To The Team
- Support the development and implementation of the Data Governance strategy but supporting the execution of the data governance vision, mission, strategy and charter.
- Lead the definition and documentation of Data Governance processes through creation and support of data and system flow documentation and process maps. Work to align other key data capabilities.
- Drive Data Governance and Management on an on-going basis through being the chair to the Data Governance Steering Committee responsible for defining data policies and standards, and managing stakeholder communication and progress reporting to leadership and executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing or IT.
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in data architecture and governance OR data analytics/data management within a large global enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of recent experience leading Data Governance Strategy and Implementations.
- 2 to 5+ years of experience working in a Data Governance Framework (EDMC, DAMA, etc.)
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Led initiatives within defined data scope and business domains.
- Demonstrated relationship management and advisory skills with sponsors, key stakeholders, partners and team members in both Business and Technology forums
- Expert level knowledge of Data Governance and Catalog Solutions (Alation, OneTrust, Lumada Data Catalog), Master Data Management Solutions, Data Management / Programming Languages.
- Good presentation skills, business and technical writing, and verbal communication skills to support decision-making and actions.
- Strong understanding of data governance issues, policies, regulatory requirements, and industry information affecting the business environment.
- Knowledge of SQL or Python would be a plus
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience working with Finance, IT, Data Privacy, and other cross functional groups in a team environment to provide support.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $120k -$170k
- Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $110k - $160k
- Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $100k - $150k
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge