Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
Seeking a creative software engineer who is skilled in code development. You would be supporting a client team who fosters a mission driven work culture. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, likes to learn, results driven, and have an agile mindset.
As a Software Developer (IT Automations) you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative software solutions for clients across a variety of systems for Hitachi Vantara Customers. The Developer must demonstrate the following attributes:
- Expertise - Collaborate with customer and Hitachi Vantara internal teams, to architect, design and support solutions.
- Delivery - Complete architecture assessments across projects, prove use of secure solutions and develop software to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Technology Strategy - Work with engineering, and management to create technology roadmaps for Hitachi Vantara.
What You Will Bring To The Team Required Qualifications:
- Develop and deliver code for backend microservices, api integrations, system integrations and user interfaces
- Design and develop secure software solutions for cloud and cloud/hybrid-based systems.
- Implement processes to automate deployment and scaling of systems including on premise, cloud-based and/or hybrid cloud IT infrastructure and storage.
- Write code to automate repeatable jobs, build automation workflows.
- Write playbooks to automate deployments and scaling of environments.
- Represent Hitachi Vantara in development, implementation, and support of automation systems.
- Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for DevOps while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout Hitachi Vantara in design and implementation of solutions.
- Estimate and prioritize work.
- Customize products to provide customized workflows, enhanced capabilities, and automation.
- Support Automation Solution Planning and Estimation.
- Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion.
- Perform detailed designs using sound software engineering principles.
- Understand and support enterprise application & business transformation with an understanding in DevOps requirements.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and staff at all levels of experience and seniority.
- 5+ years of combined experience in Solution Design and/or Software Development
- 2+ years of experience python scripting in a team-based environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Git, and Artifactory/Nexus.
- Experience with JSON.
- Complete understanding of RESTful APIs and services.
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and deployment solutions deployment e.g Jenkins/Bamboo etc.
- Understanding of scalability, systems engineering, and algorithms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Technical writing experience.
- Expertise in working with Agile/SCRUM environments to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Previous knowledge on block storage systems.
- Aptitude for fixing recurring issues by automating repeatable operational tasks.
- Good understanding of CI best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience with Orchestration Tool like Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, JAVA, Ruby etc.
- Experience with distributed source control like Git, including branching, merging and release management.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge