ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct all activities with safety as a priority.
- Observe and be knowledgeable of all safety regulations and procedures.
- Check tolerances, dimensions, and specification by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside mics, spring gauges, telescoping gauges, chrome thickness gauge, etc.
- Determines components specifications by measuring tolerances and comparing them to drawings and documentation.
- Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws.
- Complete inspection forms, document work by taking photos and recording details of inspections and finding on inspection report.
- Establishes clearances, torque values, lengths, etc. by performing mathematical calculations.
- Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists, forklifts, etc.
- Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods to remove excess dirt/debris.
- Assemble components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
- Reference component information and use of computer to review processes and order parts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years mechanical experience in heavy equipment, automotive or similar required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to follow written disassembly and assembly guidelines.
- Basic understanding of precision measuring tools.