Meet our Team
We are seeking an IAM Technical Manager to lead a team of Okta developers and engineers. This IAM role will report to the Senior Manager of Identity and Access Management under the CISO of Hitachi Vantara. In this role the ideal candidate can expect to lead a team of technical engineers and analysts to mature and develop the Okta platform. He or she will frequently find themselves engaging with other leaders in cybersecurity and across the business.
The Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara includes Active Directory, the Privileged Access Management (PAM) toolset, Identity Governance Administration, and SSO platforms (Okta and Auth0). These tools work in concert to provide identity services, and access control across the enterprise for both our internal workforce and B2B/B2C identity needs. The successful candidate will be someone who can lead the Okta team and mature the program by maintaining the health and proper functioning of these platforms and ensure excellent customer service to the users in the enterprise who interact with these systems.
Additionally, the successful candidate will "get their hands dirty" with Okta. Though this position will manage several engineers, the position will require working hands on with Okta specifically.
In the Enterprise Cybersecurity team, we are very thoughtful about our approach to managing people and our teams. We need a respectful manager that is hard working and can rally his team to achieve goals. We need someone who thinks outside the box, and seeks better ways of doing things, brings a positive attitude and wants to be a part of something special. We are passionate advocates of cybersecurity, and we strive to be the best! What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Maintain the proper health and functioning of our Okta SSO platform and key integrations to other systems
- Lead a small team of developers and engineers to accomplish maintenance tasks, support SLAs, and execute projects
- Ensure the uptime, and proper maintenance of the Okta solution, with the support of the Okta engineers
- Coordinate work for onboarding applications and provisioning integrations into the Okta platform
- Provide diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues periodically for the US time zone
- Collaborate with the cybersecurity Architecture team, Networking team, Sysadmin team, and other IT teams as needed to support troubleshooting and project tasks
- Follow proper change management and problem management procedures
- Test and evaluate changes and perform deployments during change windows
- Document architecture and processes
- Help design and drive automation that helps achieve resilient and robust platforms that can run themselves
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
- Technical mastery over the Okta platform for Workforce identity. This includes technical knowledge for architecture, configurations, best practices, and key features and how their implementation impacts a large enterprise.
- Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including OIDC/OAuth2.0 and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Active Directory, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm
- Experience integrating applications with an SSO platform such as Okta or Ping Identity is required
- Strong working knowledge, comfort, and familiarity with PowerShell and administration of Windows systems, scripting, and automating tasks
- Experience working in large enterprise scale IAM environments, with more than 20,000 users and computer objects.
- Understanding of IT Service Management processes and concepts, such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and ability to quickly adapt to adhere to those processes
- Ability to lead project teams to accomplish goals under budget, within timelines, and juggling multiple priorities is critical
- Excellent soft skills are a must, we are looking for a strong manager who is thoughtful in his or her approach to managing people and working with people on other teams.
- Willingness to invest in more junior members of the team and grow their technical skills within the platform
- Self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast-moving, large-scale project with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality is an absolutely must
- Willingness to work in an international team, with project meetings several times a week in odd hours to support Europe and India
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $130k -$170k
- Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, Dallas, and the rest of California): $120k- $160k
- Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $110k - $130k
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge