Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
We are seeking Java / Bigdata Engineer Responsibilities
Hitachi is looking for a talented Software Engineer to develop and maintain all parts of the Pentaho Community and Enterprise software suite. Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality, documentation, and the open source community to enhance and advance all portions of the Pentaho software suite.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- 3+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Software Development
- Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
- Experience analyzing code performance and implementing performance improvement.
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience with build related tools such as Maven, Ant, and/or Ivy
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
- Mentor and advise junior team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
- Experience with modular software and services management frameworks such as OSGi and Spring
- Experience working with Data Integration / ETL and Big Data concepts
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Reporting
- Experience with RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, H2, HSQLDB, Oracle, SQL Server
- Understanding of agile or other iterative software development methodologies
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.