Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Assistant Maintenance Manager RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES :
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS :
- Supervise hourly mechanics, electricians, and laborers utilizing them to safely keep the plant and plant equipment in good repair.
- Responsible for the quality of the end product of the department.
- Ensure that employees are following all safety procedures and have the ability to recognize problems.
- Support changing production requirements.
- Insure accurate reporting and daily processing of Plant Maintenance Notifications and PM schedules.
- Develop areas of responsibility, including preventive maintenance, spare parts, etc.
- Maintain open communications with other maintenance supervisors, managers, engineers, trainers, HR department, and production departments.
- Develop and Maintain working relationships with outside contractors, vendors, and other service providers.
- Support and follow the daily and weekend plan supplied by production departments.
- Planning and coordination of maintenance holiday shutdowns and outages.
- Insure employee's time cards are completed accurately on a daily basis.
- Learn and become proficient to utilize the SAP maintenance system.
- Evaluate and assess skilled trades employees and recommend training requirements for improvement. Complete yearly evaluations on direct reports.
- Maintain a positive, caring, and supportive attitude towards all employees.
- Directly supervises 3 - 12 employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain maintenance expense budget for your area of the facility to include accurate forecasting, reporting, prioritization, and adjusting as necessary.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for weekend support of maintenance activities working a weekend rotation with other maintenance managers including starting up the facility on Sunday nights.
- Responds to call-ins, major breakdowns, equipment failures, and other emergencies at the Plant and willingness to work off-shifts as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, drawings, blue prints, and schematics.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and force.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Two year certificate from a college or technical school; and five years related experience and/or training preferably in a supervisory role in a maintenance department; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to maintain employee payroll records (AS400) and submit requisitions utilizing the SAP system. Familiarity with Autocad & Inventor a plus.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement