*US Residency and working authorization required. SF Bay Area and Dallas locations preferred.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Job Overview:
Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding the Company's booking quota for Financial Services vertical through digital solutions and services to new logos. Identifies and develops sales opportunities through prospecting, cold calling, and leveraging third party relationships. Reports to the BFSI Business Unit Head. Responsibilities:
• Achieve sales objectives through selling full suite of Hitachi Vantara services with a focus on digital solutions and services to new customers.
• Develops an effective business, sales, and marketing plan for assigned territory.
• Develops sales strategies that link prospect's business drivers to Hitachi Vantara offerings and capabilities.
• Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
• Drive the sales process through business discovery, opportunity qualification, needs analysis, product positioning, business case development, negotiation and close.
• Understand the buying process and align resources needed to facilitate account penetration.
• Consistently maintains a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect meetings.
• Work with consulting team when implementation, integration, project management support is required.
• Effectively demonstrates and presents Hitachi Vantara services, solutions and value proposition to qualified prospects.
• Demonstrate and maintain a high level of knowledge about Hitachi Vantara offerings.
• Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings to Hitachi Vantara services and solutions, and other business issues relevant to the position.
• Use effective time and territory management to maximize results.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the company and other third parties to increase opportunities.
• Respond to RFPs/RFIs, coordinating and organizing input from multiple sources within Hitachi Vantara.
• Properly forecasts monthly, quarterly and annual booking values for assigned territory/ portfolio of accounts.
• Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales bookings and communicate activities to sales management.
• Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi Vantara to help meet company objectives.
• Effectively demonstrates and presents Hitachi Vantara's Digital Solutions and Services to qualified prospects.
• Accurately qualifies and prepares Leadership, Consultants and Services staff for customer demonstrations and presentations.
• Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, and competitive matters.
• Shares input with other departments in preparing sales materials and technical publications.
• Operates under moderate supervision.Education and Experience:
• Degree in a business or technical related area of study
• Minimum of 5 years' experience selling digital solutions and services into the Banking and Financial Services industry Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
• Previous experience selling digital services and solutions in the Banking and Financial Services industry
• Strong hunting skills required
• Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and marketing plans.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contracts.
• Strong ability to create sales presentation messages, demonstrate Digital Solutions and Services, positioning statements, and other sales collateral.
• Flexibility in work schedule is required.
• Various means of travel are required, including air travel.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Works under moderate supervision.
• Interacts with consulting, marketing, finance and external customers.
• Vertical specific experience with Banking and Financial Services
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge