As an Applications Engineer – Level 3, at JR Automation in Liberty, SC you will coordinate and execute large, multi-business unit quotes. In this role you will, serve as an integral member of the Applications Team while supporting our Account Managers. Together you will develop an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and mechanical descriptions to ultimately create custom, innovative and integrated solutions for our customers. This is a role for a creative engineer that likes customer interaction and solving problems.
The ideal candidate must have practical experience concepting, quoting and presenting Automation Industry Solutions related to Custom Automation Assembly & Test Equipment that span the Automotive, Electronics, Health Care, Consumer Product and Energy Industries.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate conceptual solutions for problems that have no previous or standard solution.
- Interact with customers throughout requirements definition, concept generation, cost development, and presentation of the proposal.
- Provide leadership and assist with the development of other Applications Engineers.
- Coordinate and execute large multi-business unit quotes.
- Develop a comprehensive quote package that incorporates necessary documentation for internal and external audiences such as Risk Assessments, Flow Charts, Cycle Time Charts, etc.
- Ensure quotes include a clearly defined scope, which includes specifying machine buy-off requirements, identifying customer part requirements at project level, and ensuring that the customer specification has been reviewed and appropriate assumptions and exceptions are made.
- Manage core customers, make presentations and maintain positive & professional relationships.
- Support Account Managers by ensuring pain points and competitive advantages are leveraged into the proposals.
- Develop internal win strategy and execution, understanding customer pain points, and facilitating quote development towards a winning quote package.
- Facilitate concept brainstorming, leading docket review meeting and present to the executive team for review.
- Support functional team members associated with a project by facilitating project authorization meetings for awarded work and consulting with the Project Manager for scope variation.
- Maintain Applications Engineering related fields in company CRM.
- Schedule and facilitate Project Authorization Meetings for PEP.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business/engineering field or related industry experience.
- Five+ years of industry experience leading successful projects.
- Proficient in all Applications Engineering processes and tools (strong costing and estimating knowledge/experience is a must).
- Must be technically astute and able to determine and apply Automation Technologies in the development of robust, cost effective solutions.
- Great communication skills, analytical mind, attention to detail, creative thinking, and a positive attitude in the face of trials and deadlines.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20%