Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success.Job Description:
Technical Lead/SME will be the technical guide for the respective technology team. The Technical Lead will be expected to take complete ownership of technical understanding and imparting the knowledge about their technological landscape to the team.
• Has an overall experience of more than 10yrs in Infrastructure services with minimum 8yrs on VMware
• Experience of Leading a team of minimum 10 Technologists
• Excellent understanding of VMware architecture and connected Infrastructure components
• VMware Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the VMware environment for the assigned customer account(s).
• Monitor the VMware environment following established guidelines.
• Implement Patching and upgrades of ESXi and connected VMware components
• Handle VMware configuration changes under established guidelines.
• Implement change requests following ITIL best practices.
• Monitor incident and service request ticket queues and work on assigned tasks.
• Perform health checks of the VMware application and infrastructure environments.
• Perform VMware incident troubleshooting and mitigation actions.
• Open and manage 3rd-party support tickets for end-to-end Hardware & VMware incident management.
• Coordinate work with 3rd party vendors and Hitachi Vantara support teams.
• Provide daily, weekly, and monthly operations metrics/reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
• Execute and deliver reports to Hitachi and to approved representatives for the assigned account(s).
• Create and modify support documentation for the VMware environment following established guidelines.
• Follow the established policies, procedures and practices defined by Hitachi Vantara.
• Identify and provide suggestions on continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned account(s).
VMware Components : vCenter/ ESXi /vSAN /NSX-T/vRPOS/vRA/Ethernet Switches (L2 & L3 switches) / Horizon VDI
• VMware Administrator for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise
• Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of components in a large VMware environment with best practices, to include vCenter, VMware Update Manager, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Orchestrator, vCenter Cloud Automation Center, vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
• Experience in VM template design and leveraging vCenter Operations Manager to right size virtual servers.
• Hands-on experience on installing, configuring VMware, working experience on Creating VMs, templates on VMware.
• Experience in upgrading ESXi hosts and VM guests using VMware Update Manager.
• Experience in Cisco UCS/UCP Administration
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Server Administration, to include Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
• Good understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures.
• Good understanding of storage technologies (SAN/NAS/iSCSI)
• Experience of handling high priority incidents for VMware and preparing root cause analysis for the same.
• Good knowledge on Windows Failover cluster. Managing security patches and hotfix for VMware environment
• Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
• System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are added advantage.
• Experience working with various levels of technical individuals at remote locations and vendors to resolve problems or in implementing new solutions.
• Experience using a ticket management system for work prioritization and daily workload management.
• Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
• Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative; communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
• Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
• Strong team player skills;
• Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Fluent English
Good to have -
• Good knowledge on other Microsoft technologies like Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Group Policies
• Experience with server consolidation/virtualization for HW reduction and site migrations via V2V and P2V
• CCNA Certified & Window/Linux & Hitachi Product: UCP Advisor / DS Series Hardware Knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or other related technology fields of study.
• ITIL Certification -preferred but not mandatory.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge