Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Occupational Health Nurse *Plants 2/3 - 3rd shift* ROLE
This role provides treatment for job-related injuries and illnesses. Assists the company in detecting workplace hazards and maintains health and safety standards. This role also educates workers about various medical conditions, aiming to encourage better health and well-being by providing advice and emotional support. RESPONSIBILITIES :
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
- Work with the Safety and Environmental departments in:
- Assessing injuries caused by incidents.
- Identification of hazardous workplace health conditions.
- Determinations of corrective or preventative measures, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Be available to participate in (If required per plant procedures):
- Staff Safety meetings.
- Monthly Safety meetings.
- Executive Safety meetings.
- Conduct First Responder and/or Emergency Team meetings:
- Facilitate the First Responder Program and/or Emergency Team; training/respond to calls appropriately.
- Coordinate with local technical colleges new and refresher EMR classes.
- ISO 45001 Awareness Certification and preparation.
- Provide treatment, follow up and referral emergency care to workers on a daily basis.
- Incident investigation. Collect information and submit injury/illness investigation reports.
- Communicate with Insurance Provider.
- Assist and communicate with the case manager on specific claims.
- Act as a worker advocate. Protect the rights of the workers.
- Conduct drug/alcohol testing according to policy.
- Coordinate and/or administer annual health testing; respiratory questionnaire; PFT; hearing test; vital signs; weight; and follow up on hearing losses.
- Comply with OSHA regulations.
- Perform/evaluate pre-placement candidates for employment.
- Maintain employee medical files and records.
- Work with the company on compliance with regulations and laws affecting the workplace:
- New hire orientation.
- Industrial hygiene.
- Hearing conservation.
- Blood borne pathogen.
- Respiratory program.
- Attend external occupation health activities in order to learn about new regulations or programs that may affect or benefit the company's activities.
- Conduct research on the effects of workplace exposures, gather health and hazard data, and use the data to prevent injury and illness.
- Facilitate ergonomics program.
- Train and provide consultation to supervisor/foremen/employees in a variety of occupational health topics.
- Provide cost effective health care quality and cost containment strategies .
- Control and order supplies for department.
- Control and Monitor Workers Compensation claim costs and provide appropriate reports as needed.
- Noise monitoring (Every other year).
- Current state license as an LPN, RN, Paramedics, or EMT-I.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate computer skills are preferred.
- Current state license as a registered nurse and/or license practical nurse.
- Must be detail oriented, have ability to multitask and possess great interpersonal skills.
- CPR/AED certified.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement