Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Our team is built around BI excellence. This is role focused on internal stakeholders who look to us for information related to results, performance and future opportunities. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- You will be creating, maintaining and improving the best in class PowerBI dashboards.
- You will also support the business in providing insights.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities will include coaching, discussing requirements and converting them into easy to follow instructions, supporting your manager in strategic planning and execution. Work is carried out in the SCRUM methodology.
- You will be heavily involved in the design and maintenance of data and processes behind our dashboards.
- You will also train younger colleagues to better understand PowerBI and SQL.
- You will use your business acumen, data visualisation skills as well as ETL processing knowledge to deliver KPI tracking and business shaping insights.
- Your organisational and stakeholder management skills will enable you to support the business with timely intelligence
- Very good knowledge of PowerBI, with at least 6 years experience building, improving and maintaining dashboards.
- Experience working with SQL (preferably T-SQL) to build processes and one-off analyses combining various data sources and creating. 'golden' sources to support reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Good understanding ETL tools (preferably SSIS), particularly around maintaining, improving, automating and scheduling processes.
- Strong experience visualising data- PowerBI is the preferred tool, but the knowledge of Tableau, Qlik and other tools is also relevant.
- Ability to critically analyse data from various sources to provide business with recommendations.
- Experience working in SCRUM, using Jira, working in tech or B2B environment will be beneficial.
- Experience working with Data Flows and DAX will also be beneficial.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge