Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Controller who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pistoia, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Analyze financial results and monitoring the budgeting & forecast control cycle. Doing so you will be identifying potential financial risk areas and supporting the implementation of risk mitigating activities;
- Close teamwork with the Project Management team being involved in all the economic and financial activities;
- Actively participate in the monthly /quarterly / yearly closing process, in coordination with the Finance & Project Management teams within the factory, but also in alignment with other actors;
- Ensuring all commercial & financial reporting on monthly basis during the project phases, signalizing issues and opportunities;
- Driving the optimization of project cash flow and revenues while maintaining the accuracy of the project balance sheet, income statement and monthly/quarterly forecast;
- Coordinating all financial aspects of the project, including estimate at completion and related cost-to-complete, forecasted revenues and cash flow and risk and opportunities assessments, as well as ensuring alignment with other functions including project controls and planning/scheduling;
- Contract Management and Financial involvement with the Project Manager team and the Sales colleagues during project execution (eg. commenting T&Cs, review of offer calculations, preparation of all internal documentation and for the clients offer/orders;
- Supporting adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter and business-specific finance directives and instructions;
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Solid experience as Project Controller;
- Experience in the area of Project Controlling and Contract Management, such as customer contract analysis, commenting contracts, project cost and margin analysis and/or project cost calculations;
- Experience in revenue recognition and understanding how the free-cash-flow of the company is composed / can be further improved;
- Knowledge on claim management, forecasting the main variances to analyze and predict the closing results of the projects themselves;
- Knowledge of Project Management basis;
- Experience with SAP (especially CO) is highly desirable;
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office (focus on Excel and Outlook);
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask;
- Have a real passion and enthusiasm for deal management in complex project;
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment, result oriented approach, proactivity, autonomy and open mind;
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability according to specific requirements;
- Team Player, looking to add value to the organization and being well trusted partner of the colleagues and/or of the Management;
- Available for short business travels.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail