Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operational Manager to lead our dedicated ACER project team. As the Outstation Manager you will be responsible for;
- Depot based planning and management of all production related activities covering fleet campaigns, modifications and improvements to Hitachi rolling stock assets, ensuring performance targets are met.
- Management of all Hitachi and Contracted operational staff, including individual and team development, whilst incorporating the concepts of continuous improvement into safety, quality, performance & cost.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Responsible to ensure that The team delivers the contractual requirements for Modifications to the trains to the correct standard to meet the schedule requirements
- To ensure all contractual KPI’s are complete for each SET modified.
- To ensure that all records are completed and entered into the maintenance management system.
- Obtain and use engineering schedules, procedures and specifications for traction and rolling stock activities
- Support good quality, health, safety and environmental practices in the workplace
- Organise resources and prioritise routines to undertake planned traction and rolling stock engineering activities
- Organise resources and prioritise routines to undertake unplanned traction and rolling stock engineering activities
- Responsible for the safe movement of rolling stock
- Responsible for the recruitment of the Arlington ACER team members
- Responsible for the continued development of the team
- Control costs through planning of resources
- Identify and deal with hazards in the railway environment
- Carry out in process and post Modification checks in accordance with the Q&A manager to drive continued improvement in Modification activities
- Diagnose faults in traction and rolling stock assets and pass to the technical team
- Gather and execute the Modification plan from the Planning Manager
- Development of improvements in Modification processes
- Deal with disciplinary issues within the Modification teams
- Carryout assessments in line with the depot competence management system as required
- Accept and confirm responsibility for the control of traction and rolling stock assets
- Manage and maintain good quality, health, safety and environmental practices in the workplace
- Manage resources and prioritise workload to undertake unplanned activities for traction and rolling stock reliability and casualty repairs.
- Support resources and prioritise workload to undertake planned traction and rolling stock engineering activities
- Manage relevant budgets
- Support fleet reliability Improvements through the use of root cause analysis tools and techniques
- Encourage and coordinate depot continuous improvement initiatives.
- Encourage and develop best practice of defect and maintenance procedures
- Manage Modification expectations in line with business KPI,s and targets.
- Review and identify where improvements to the Modification process are required
- Ensure that Modification activities are accurately reported and entered into data management systems
- Ensure rolling stock ACER Modification activities are executed to plan.
- Carryout investigations as required in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Support the Programme Manager – Planned Modification and train cleaning contract, after Modification.
- Support and provide professional liaison with the customer with regards fleet and contractual requirements as required.
- Develop professionally healthy and supporting working relationships
- Learn new skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required
- Liaison with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
- Assist as required
Licences / Competences
- Extensive managerial experience
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations (internal and external)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
- Good team worker
Licences / Competences
- Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Equinox
- Depot Protection
- Working at Height
- AC/DC Depot isolation
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 28th March 2023